"Forst - typical street village, devoted to wine :-" Forst by Trekki
Forst Travel Guide: 7 reviews and 24 photos
Forst is one of these tiny villages along Palatine’s Southern Wine Route (Südliche Weinstraße) where it is easy to fall in love with immediately! It has only approx. 800 inhabitants and most of the houses are lined up left and right of the main street, called Weinstraße (wine street).
The village is dominated by wine - of course – and claims to have the best located vineyards of Palatine. That’s easy to understand, as the climate must be excellent indeed – I did see my very first wisteria for 2007 in bloom, and this early April!
Well, you might say now what to do in such a tiny village – let me tell you why I really recommend this village as one of the most beautiful and relaxing ones along the Wine Route.
All pictures have been taken by me, if not marked otherwise.
Please do not use any of them without my permission.
The same applies for my writings here.
- Pros:Lovely wine village, very much charming from spring to autumn with all the flower and plant decoration, many courtyard restaurants, hardly frequented (= found) by foreigners :-)
- Cons:Parking is rare inside, but... does that matter? There is parking outside.
- In a nutshell:Come and find out - you will be delighted and experience real Palatinate hospitality
If you like the wine you had at the wineries with your meal – or without meal, you can of course buy them directly from... more travel advice
Although I didn’t stay in their guestrooms, I would recommend a stay here, out of many reasons. If they are that much... more travel advice
Trekki's Related Pages
Forst Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Forst - typical street village, devoted to wine :-"
- Create a Forst Travel Page
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Forst
- 7 Reviews
- 24 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 19 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (77)
Have you been to Forst?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Forst
Photos in ForstSee All Photos (24)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Venice Intro, 118 reviews, 473 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Italy Intro, 108 reviews, 401 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marburg an der Lahn Intro, 90 reviews, 407 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gubbio Intro, 80 reviews, 330 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Land Rheinland-Pfalz Intro, 78 reviews, 295 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Speyer Intro, 57 reviews, 280 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Umbria Intro, 60 reviews, 264 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Darmstadt Intro, 62 reviews, 229 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Germany Intro, 82 reviews, 191 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bavaria Intro, 49 reviews, 198 photos, 2 travelogues