"Forst - typical street village, devoted to wine :-" Forst by Trekki

Forst Travel Guide: 7 reviews and 24 photos

Forst is one of these tiny villages along Palatine’s Southern Wine Route (Südliche Weinstraße) where it is easy to fall in love with immediately! It has only approx. 800 inhabitants and most of the houses are lined up left and right of the main street, called Weinstraße (wine street).

The village is dominated by wine - of course – and claims to have the best located vineyards of Palatine. That’s easy to understand, as the climate must be excellent indeed – I did see my very first wisteria for 2007 in bloom, and this early April!

Well, you might say now what to do in such a tiny village – let me tell you why I really recommend this village as one of the most beautiful and relaxing ones along the Wine Route.

All pictures have been taken by me, if not marked otherwise.
Please do not use any of them without my permission.
The same applies for my writings here.
Thanks.

• Pros:Lovely wine village, very much charming from spring to autumn with all the flower and plant decoration, many courtyard restaurants, hardly frequented (= found) by foreigners :-)
  • Cons:Parking is rare inside, but... does that matter? There is parking outside.
  • In a nutshell:Come and find out - you will be delighted and experience real Palatinate hospitality
  • Last visit to Forst: Mar 2011
  • Intro Updated Dec 29, 2011

• Yaqui's Profile Photo
    Dec 17, 2011 at 8:36 AM

You find such lovely gems. Thanks for sharing such a beautiful place!

• balhannah's Profile Photo
    Feb 15, 2011 at 7:28 PM

It does sound delightful!

• hunterV's Profile Photo
    Dec 13, 2008 at 5:12 AM

Hello, Ingrid! This place sounds very attracting, judging by your splendid description. Vielen Dank!

• christine.j's Profile Photo
    Sep 28, 2008 at 9:35 AM

Your description of Forst in autumn made me want to visit your page again. Park und Laaf, simply marvelous!

• JLBG's Profile Photo
    May 5, 2008 at 1:28 PM

I am ready for the Weinprobierstube ! Saumagen, I never « probt » that ! Yummy page !

• robertgaz's Profile Photo
    Sep 27, 2007 at 10:48 PM

When you wine and dine; the best is from Forst in Palatine ;~)

• mvtouring's Profile Photo
    Sep 4, 2007 at 5:26 AM

Very nice tips that are usefull ;-)

• Bwana_Brown's Profile Photo
    May 11, 2007 at 11:14 AM

Forst does indeed look like a very appealing place to stroll around and sample some of the local wine! I recently read that April in England was the warmest since records began 350 years ago, so it looks like you had some of the same weather!

• toonsarah's Profile Photo
    Apr 26, 2007 at 4:43 AM

I'm eating my lunchtime sandwich and fantasising about a Shoppe of wine with which to wash it down - although if I had such a thing I don't think I would get much work done this afternoon ;)

• travelfrosch's Profile Photo
    Apr 22, 2007 at 12:57 PM

Mmm... your page is making me hungry, and it's still 2 hours to Dinner! Bärlauch I think would translate more to "leek" than "garlic." And I think you'd just call edelbranntwein "grape schnapps." And now I'm thirsty, too... :-) Cheers, Mark

Trekki Visits Here Frequently!

Trekki

“Don't spend your life playing the role that others have chosen for you ;-)”

Badges & Stats in Forst