"« Saarvoir » vivre and laissez faire –" Saarland by Trekki
Saarland Travel Guide: 152 reviews and 464 photos
.... that’s Saarland, Germany’s most southwestern state and wrongfully very much overlooked not only by foreign tourists and travellers, but also by Germans.
The startements of the headings very much characterize life and mentality in this state, who lived so long under French government, and with it’s vicinity to France, still has a lot of … well, savoir vivre, to know how to live and laissez faire, live and let live.
The other term “Hauptsach gudd g’ess” might be even more important; it means something like “well, at least we did eat good”, and this is also influenced by the days as French protectorate.
Dining anywhere in Saarland is a gourmet experience, no matter if it is modern dishes or traditional ones.
Saarland is my place of birth.
I left it at the age of 2, but came to visit my grandparents and siblings on a regular base until I left school.
Unfortunately - due to so-called business in the job - I didn't come as often as I should have.
However, it's never too late, and recently I came back for visit to realize how beautiful it is.
Or is it just the realization of my roots ?
On my Saarland page, I will write also about it's important history in iron casting and coal mining
That's why I have placed the statue of the Iron Caster here on the main page - as it is part of my childhood, and writing about this will let me learn about my heritage, of which I am proud of :-)
… vegetable oil to be precise J. Ottweiler, in district of Neunkirchen, is a lovely town, well worth a visit. Just read... more travel advice
The town centre of Blieskastel is declared protected monument: 133 single buildings do have this status, further 65 are... more travel advice
Trekki's Related Pages
Saarland Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "« Saarvoir » vivre and laissez faire –"
- "A tiny VT page for the tiny Saarland ..."
- "Welcome to SAARLAND"
- "I (Nobby 3) went to Saarland recently with mom :-)"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Saarland
- Hotels in Saarland
- Transportation in Saarland
- Nightlife in Saarland
- Restaurants in Saarland
- Shopping in Saarland
- Warnings and Dangers in Saarland
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Saarland
- 7 Reviews
- 29 Photos
- 2 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (77)
Have you been to Saarland?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Saarland
- Posted in Travel Garmisch-Partenkirchen Forum "Re: Small children to entertain!!"
- Commented on one of Trekki's Saarland travel pages
- updated a Saarland Travel Page "« Saarvoir » vivre and laissez faire –"
- Wrote a Review Saarland's very own advent wreath :-) in Saarland Local Customs
- Uploaded a Photo to "(7) Jungle and old oil mill - for families"
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Venice Intro, 118 reviews, 473 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marburg an der Lahn Intro, 93 reviews, 421 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Italy Intro, 108 reviews, 401 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gubbio Intro, 80 reviews, 404 photos, 15 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Land Rheinland-Pfalz Intro, 78 reviews, 295 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Speyer Intro, 58 reviews, 281 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Umbria Intro, 60 reviews, 264 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Darmstadt Intro, 63 reviews, 234 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Germany Intro, 83 reviews, 192 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bavaria Intro, 50 reviews, 199 photos, 2 travelogues