"Höchst, a nice retreat in Odenwald" Höchst im Odenwald by Trekki
Höchst im Odenwald Travel Guide: 6 reviews and 91 photos
Höchst is one of the major towns in Odenwald region, the legendary forest where Siegfried of the Nibelungs was said to have been murdered. It is a lively town which is ideal for hiking or sightseeing in the surroundings. There is Obrunnschlucht for example, a cute fairy tale hiking path with little castles and houses, ideal for families with kids. There is the remains of a Roman Villa. There is Veste Otzberg, with one of the best museums on local history and customs, lovingly cared of by Rolf Tilly and his wife. There is Breuberg with a castle on top of the hill, there is... so much more!
I have never been in Höchst itself, I mean I never stayed for dinner, lunch or even a coffee here. I only drove through when I wanted to visit one of the places nearby. But I felt sorry for Höchst as a location in our VT database which was empty until yesterday. Which, given Höchst's role as northern entry into Odenwald, is a bit sad. That's why I decided to add some sights and ... you never know, maybe one day I will stay here for lunch or a coffee and be able to add some more Höchst information to my page.
On a side note: this town is not to be confused with Hoechst near Frankfurt or the former chemical company Hoechst. These are actually written with o+e while the Odenwald town proudly has its dots on the o => ö.
All pictures have been taken by me, if not marked otherwise.
Please do not use any of them without my permission.
The same applies for my writings here.
During the Roman settlements in what is Germany today, they have built a limes, Limes Germanicus to be precise, to... more travel advice
Trekki's Related Pages
Höchst im Odenwald Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Höchst, a nice retreat in Odenwald"
- "weekends in Höchst im Odenwald"
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Höchst im Odenwald
- 3 Reviews
- 60 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (77)
Have you been to Höchst im Odenwald?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Höchst im Odenwald
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: Who's Brave Enough?"
- Commented on one of brendareed's Höchst im Odenwald travel pages
- Wrote a Review Villa Haselburg, Roman villa nearby in Höchst im Odenwald Things to Do
- Uploaded a Photo to "Villa Haselburg, Roman villa nearby"
- updated a Höchst im Odenwald Travel Page "Höchst, a nice retreat in Odenwald"
Photos in Höchst im OdenwaldSee All Photos (60)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Venice Intro, 118 reviews, 473 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Italy Intro, 108 reviews, 401 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marburg an der Lahn Intro, 90 reviews, 407 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gubbio Intro, 80 reviews, 330 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Land Rheinland-Pfalz Intro, 78 reviews, 295 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Speyer Intro, 57 reviews, 280 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Umbria Intro, 60 reviews, 264 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Darmstadt Intro, 62 reviews, 229 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Germany Intro, 82 reviews, 191 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bavaria Intro, 49 reviews, 198 photos, 2 travelogues