"Lovely village and a beautiful rococo church" Hohenfurch by Trekki
Hohenfurch Travel Guide: 3 reviews and 24 photos
In retrospective this little church Maria Himmelfahrt was maybe the highlight during my three days visit of Pfaffenwinkel, Bavaria?s region with the highest density of fine baroque and rococo churches.
Hohenfurch was already a tiny settlement during Roman times, Via Claudia Augusta lead through it from Augsburg to Verona. The village has a little river, Schönach, and this adds to the charming impression I had of it. I think it is ideal for everyone who wants to spend some days in a charming rural part of Bavaria, because it is close to for example Schongau, one of the centres of Pfaffenwinkel. On the website of the town is a download section with six tour suggestions, partly hikes, partly for mountain bikers and partly for car tours. All these downloads are in German though.
Apart from the brilliant little parish church Maria Himmelfahrt which I visited there is another little chapel south of it, the chapel of St. Ursula, built in 16th century and dedicated to the patron of the log floaters. Location of St. Ursula Kapelle (chapel) church on Google Maps.
The church dedicated to St. Mary (full name Maria Himmelfahrt = Assumption of Virgin Mary) sits high on the hill part of... more travel advice
Trekki's Related Pages
Hohenfurch Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Hohenfurch
- 3 Reviews
- 24 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (158)
Have you been to Hohenfurch?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Hohenfurch
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: Have entered my photo which..."
- updated a Hohenfurch Travel Page "Lovely village and a beautiful rococo church"
- Uploaded a Photo to "More baroque and rococo churches nearby"
- Wrote a Review Very magic and airy and light - Maria Himmelfahrt in Hohenfurch Things to Do
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Venice Intro, 119 reviews, 464 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marburg an der Lahn Intro, 96 reviews, 434 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Italy Intro, 108 reviews, 404 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gubbio Intro, 80 reviews, 404 photos, 15 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Speyer Intro, 76 reviews, 345 photos, 11 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Land Rheinland-Pfalz Intro, 82 reviews, 321 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Umbria Intro, 60 reviews, 264 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Darmstadt Intro, 64 reviews, 242 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Germany Intro, 87 reviews, 211 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bologna Intro, 48 reviews, 222 photos, 9 travelogues