"Most fantastic views from Hohenpeißenberg" Hohenpeißenberg by Trekki

Hohenpeißenberg Travel Guide: 5 reviews and 19 photos

Hohenpeißenberg was high on my wish list when I travelled through Bavaria’s Pfaffenwinkel early October 2011. I wanted to see the little Chapel of Mercy which is still a pilgrim church. And I was fascinated about the stories of the weather station on top of the hill, which is said to be the one with the longest ongoing weather data measurement worldwide.

It was a nice trip, despite that the chapel was closed for renovation and despite that I had chosen a public holiday to visit, which meant that it was crowded. But it was a beautiful sunny day and the third attraction on the hilltop, the views, was indeed marvellous.

If you wish to, follow my suggested tour and start with the first to-do tip => here and continue by following the respective links at the end of each tip. At the end, I link back to my intro page.

• Last visit to Hohenpeißenberg: Oct 2011
  • Intro Updated Sep 1, 2013

• Aug 7, 2012 at 4:39 AM

Lol and how does one even pronounce this place? :-) a quick vt visit as I got baby to sleep early! I think she is so exhausted from her needles today. Lovely page as always dear!

• balhannah's Profile Photo
    Feb 27, 2012 at 2:15 PM

Good, interesting page! I love the Church and the beautiful carvings, and what a views from the hill!

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    Feb 19, 2012 at 1:51 PM

Amazing that they have been taking weather observations since 1781.

• cachaseiro's Profile Photo
    Feb 17, 2012 at 2:01 PM

Really nice photos.
    Looks very Bavarian and i like that.

• globetrott's Profile Photo
    Feb 7, 2012 at 6:31 PM

This is a great part of Bavaria, that I often heared about, but never have been there !

• toonsarah's Profile Photo
    Jan 31, 2012 at 9:28 AM

A shame you could not get inside the Chapel of Mercy but the other church looks pretty enough (I like the carved pews with the sunflower decorations) and in any case it was surely worth the trip for the views alone :-)

And you do know that I at least will always be looking at your pages!!

Trekki Visits Here Frequently!

Trekki

“Don't spend your life playing the role that others have chosen for you ;-)”

Badges & Stats in Hohenpeißenberg

Have you been to Hohenpeißenberg?