"Most fantastic views from Hohenpeißenberg" Hohenpeißenberg by Trekki
Hohenpeißenberg Travel Guide: 5 reviews and 19 photos
Hohenpeißenberg was high on my wish list when I travelled through Bavaria’s Pfaffenwinkel early October 2011. I wanted to see the little Chapel of Mercy which is still a pilgrim church. And I was fascinated about the stories of the weather station on top of the hill, which is said to be the one with the longest ongoing weather data measurement worldwide.
It was a nice trip, despite that the chapel was closed for renovation and despite that I had chosen a public holiday to visit, which meant that it was crowded. But it was a beautiful sunny day and the third attraction on the hilltop, the views, was indeed marvellous.
If you wish to, follow my suggested tour and start with the first to-do tip => here and continue by following the respective links at the end of each tip. At the end, I link back to my intro page.
I was so much looking forward to visit the little chapel on top of Hohenpeißenberg hill, but when I was here in early... more travel advice
Hohenpeißenberg’s hill has an elevation of approx. 990 m and is the highest hill in Bavaria’s “pre-Alpine” part. Good... more travel advice
Trekki's Related Pages
Hohenpeißenberg Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Most fantastic views from Hohenpeißenberg"
- Create a Hohenpeißenberg Travel Page
Badges & Stats in Hohenpeißenberg
- 5 Reviews
- 19 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 6 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (158)
Have you been to Hohenpeißenberg?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Hohenpeißenberg
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Venice Intro, 119 reviews, 464 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marburg an der Lahn Intro, 96 reviews, 434 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Italy Intro, 108 reviews, 404 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gubbio Intro, 80 reviews, 404 photos, 15 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Land Rheinland-Pfalz Intro, 82 reviews, 321 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Speyer Intro, 73 reviews, 326 photos, 11 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Umbria Intro, 60 reviews, 264 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Darmstadt Intro, 64 reviews, 242 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Germany Intro, 86 reviews, 211 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bologna Intro, 48 reviews, 222 photos, 9 travelogues