Marburg an der Lahn Warnings Or Dangers Tips by Trekki Top 5 Page for this destination
Marburg an der Lahn Warnings and Dangers: 4 reviews and 8 photos
Marburg, residents parking only (please)
Of course residents can park in the old town, but if you visit Marburg you should park outside. Many of the rare parking spots in the old town are marked “for residents only” (= Anwohnerparken in German) and it would be rather tricky anyhow to place a car for people who are not used to this switching back and forth. To find empty space on one of the rare public parking like at the castle (photo 4) is pure luck! Don’t waste time and energy and most probably hassle afterwards with tickets and use one of the public parking garages. There is a big one in Pilgrimstein (street), the one I mentioned with elevator to the old town. It has five floors and there is always some space. Because Pilgrimstein is a one-way street (north-south direction), drive to Elisabethkirche and then into Pilgrimstein.
There are other parking garages or bigger parking lots, but this is the best for a day visit. In case you have booked a hotel, ask the hotel staff where you can park the car when you make a reservation. In case the hotel has a website, they will mention parking possibilities.
More Reviews (89)
- Anyone for a relaxing boat tour on Lahn?
- Comfortable shoes are a life saver!
- See All More half-timbered houses in Steinweg
- See All Blue plaques guide through Marburg
- See All Beautiful home decoration
- See All Elevators facilitate the steep ascents
- See All A very special destination: Spiegelslust
- See All Enjoyable coffee stop at the market...
- See All Schweinsberg, castle on a hilltop :-)
- A dream came true - Hesse-Stübche :-)
Trekki's Related Pages
Marburg an der Lahn Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "My Marburg - the most lovely town in Germany :-)"
- "Marburg - My Home For 11 Years"
- "Medieval Germany and Modern College Town"
- "More Stairs than Venice Has Canals"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Marburg an der Lahn
- Hotels in Marburg an der Lahn
- Transportation in Marburg an der Lahn
- Nightlife in Marburg an der Lahn
- Restaurants in Marburg an der Lahn
- Shopping in Marburg an der Lahn
- Warnings and Dangers in Marburg an der Lahn
- See All...
Explore the World
- Lago Vista Hotels
- Quesnel Hotels
- Wroclaw Hotels
- Saint-Jean-de-Monts Hotels
- Province of Aurora
- Estado do Maranhão Warnings and Dangers
- Rocky Mountain National Park Warnings and Dangers
- Palm Desert Warnings and Dangers
- Afghanistan Warnings and Dangers
- Palenque Warnings and Dangers
- Kaliningrad Warnings and Dangers
- Wroclaw Warnings and Dangers
- Historic Centre: not always a safe place!
- Santa Barbara Warnings and Dangers
- Winslow Warnings and Dangers
- Speed, drugs and p-ing
- Zante Warnings and Dangers
Badges & Stats in Marburg an der Lahn
- 90 Reviews
- 407 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 28 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (77)
Have you been to Marburg an der Lahn?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Marburg an der Lahn
- Posted in Technical Help Forum "Laser projection keyboards :-)..."
- Commented on one of Trekki's Marburg an der Lahn tips
- updated a Marburg an der Lahn Travel Page "My Marburg - the most lovely town in Germany :-)"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Beautiful venerable institue of physiology"
- Wrote a Review Anyone for a relaxing boat tour on Lahn? in Marburg an der Lahn Sports & Outdoors
Photos in Marburg an der LahnSee All Photos (407)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Venice Intro, 118 reviews, 473 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Italy Intro, 108 reviews, 401 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marburg an der Lahn Intro, 90 reviews, 407 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gubbio Intro, 80 reviews, 330 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Land Rheinland-Pfalz Intro, 78 reviews, 295 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Speyer Intro, 58 reviews, 281 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Umbria Intro, 60 reviews, 264 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Darmstadt Intro, 62 reviews, 229 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Germany Intro, 82 reviews, 191 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bavaria Intro, 49 reviews, 198 photos, 2 travelogues
FriendsSee All Friends (168)
Latest Marburg an der Lahn hotel reviews
- Welcome Hotel Marburg
- 45 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 5, 2013