"Oberambach and a stay between heaven and earth :-)" Oberambach by Trekki

Oberambach Travel Guide: 4 reviews and 26 photos

Photo: Hofgut Oberambach's boathouse and access to Starnberg Lake

I might never have considered to come to this lovely part of Bavaria, at Starnberger See (Lake Starnberg) if it would not have been the seminar I was booked at and which I was looking forward very much. It was about time management, but a special time management, one for ?creative chaots?. Long time ago I have realised that the typical time management things which are being taught and offered all over the planet won?t work for me. But it needed Cordula Nussbaum and her approach or definition of creative chaots to make me realise that I am just that being a very much visually guided person rather than a numbers ? data ? facts one. She has picked Schloßgut Oberambach as location for her seminars and indeed it was a perfect place to be completely away from any kind of distraction. Only the lake, the hotel and us. It felt damn good to meet the other attendees and to learn that I am not alone with my ?different? way of seeing things. At the end of the two days I felt good and light and fantastic. Because of the seminar, because what she taught, because of the way she is, her inspiration, her infectious enthusiasm and.. the hotel and its surroundings added to it.

• Last visit to Oberambach: Oct 2011
  • Intro Updated May 9, 2016

• HORSCHECK's Profile Photo
    Feb 13, 2016 at 7:55 AM

You have been to many small places in Germany I haven't even heard of. Lovely little page and a well deserved pioneer badge.

• Trekki's Profile Photo
      Feb 13, 2016 at 9:06 AM

Thank you dear Holger :-)) This place was just for a seminar but funny enough my sister and her hubby decided to move nearby, so I have explored that part of Bavaria quite extensively over the last 3-4 years :-)

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    Aug 12, 2013 at 10:21 AM

I clicked on the link to your seminar trainer. It does sound like she is doing something much more creative than just the usual time management stuff. Also I have just checked on the map and found that this hotel is about 30 km from Gut Schlickenried, where we had our Langenscheidt team weekends for many years.

• Trekki's Profile Photo
      Aug 12, 2013 at 10:03 PM

Thanks Don! Yes, she is a gem!! Very creative and lively - did you watch the video? I owe her a lot!! And yes, the hotel is close - as is where my sister lives now. We giggle about this all the time: that we met there 3 years ago (she visited me when I was there for the seminar) and only 1 year later they found the house, only 20 km away :-)) Next time I'll be there I visit Gut Schlickenried and send you photos :-)

• balhannah's Profile Photo
    Jan 12, 2012 at 9:32 PM

Love your Hotel room Ingrid, just gorgeous! Also like the idea of being able to try three pieces of different fish, nice idea!

• richiecdisc's Profile Photo
    Nov 25, 2011 at 9:26 PM

Nice to finally hear a bit about your stay just down the road from us. Room and food look lovely but you know the Paulaner would be more fresh if sampled "up this way." ;)

• toonsarah's Profile Photo
    Nov 21, 2011 at 6:42 AM

This looks like a wonderful place to stay, and the meals sound so delicious too :-)

• Nov 15, 2011 at 4:37 PM

indeed a nice little find!!! and the food looks glorious as always!

• christine.j's Profile Photo
    Nov 12, 2011 at 3:05 AM

That's the first time I hear about the Schloßgut Oberambach. It sounds like a hidden gem.

Trekki Visits Here Frequently!

“Don't spend your life playing the role that others have chosen for you ;-)”

Badges & Stats in Oberambach

Have you been to Oberambach?

Photos in Oberambach