"Sverige - beautiful all year round :-)))" Top 5 Page for this destination Sweden by Trekki

Sweden Travel Guide: 12,759 reviews and 39,843 photos

Oh well, beautiful Sweden :-) What can I write here which has not been described yet? It was a difficult task to decide if I want to make 20-30 single pages with only one or two tips or put everything into a country page. I have decided for the latter, because the people who come to Sweden most probably tour through the country and want to visit many places or stay in the big cities or in a little hut. The ones who stay in a hut know what they want and won't look for new ideas and sights to see. But the ones who come here first might like to have an overview. That's what I am trying to give here with my yet small Sweden page. At a point in time I will add more tips, but not now. For now I have several of the lesser known places here and some other recommendations.

Enjoy :-)

All pictures have been taken by me, if not marked otherwise.
Please do not use any of them without my permission.
The same applies for my writings here.
Thanks.

• Last visit to Sweden: Aug 2009
  • Intro Updated Jun 9, 2013

• MalenaN's Profile Photo
    Nov 2, 2013 at 1:12 AM

Great tips about many lovely places to visit in Sweden, not all of them so often visited by foreign tourists. It has been an enjoyable morning read!

• Trekki's Profile Photo
      Nov 2, 2013 at 1:21 AM

Thank you dear Malena for your patience and reading through this page :-)) I had good advisers and a fantastic map! Without the map I would not have found these tiny little churches near the glass land!

• easterntrekker's Profile Photo
    Feb 11, 2011 at 12:39 PM

I've never been to Sweden but it is on my wish list so maybe in a couple of years.I enjoyed your writings very much.

• Regina1965's Profile Photo
    Dec 9, 2010 at 9:13 AM

I really enjoyed the tour! Seeing that you like the strong wind then a trip to Iceland would be perfect for you, it is always windy here. I was amazed to read "Sigmundes skrifaði os" as "skrifaði" is "wrote" in Icelandic, exactly the same with "ð".

• deecat's Profile Photo
    Sep 11, 2010 at 8:10 AM

Magnificent pages, Ingrid! My husband's background is Swedish & he, too, enjoyed these pages. My favorites were Mariefred village, wood church, glassware descriptions, paper making, descriptions of seafood. What a joy to read.

• Redang's Profile Photo
    Mar 28, 2010 at 12:07 AM

I'll keep reading later

• Dec 9, 2009 at 10:57 PM

oh wow... this was worth waiting for and viewing completely! a magical tour through southern sweden! cant believe people dont know kosta boda! i been buying it for my mom for years!

• toonsarah's Profile Photo
    Nov 21, 2009 at 12:17 PM

What a truly excellent group of tips as an overview of Sweden! This page works really well Ingrid - each tip is so readable and fascinating, and altogether they paint a great picture :-) And what a super birthday gift!

• Kuznetsov_Sergey's Profile Photo
    Nov 21, 2009 at 1:19 AM

It’s really a perfect VT-job about Sweden with such interesting and detailed tips. You quite deserved to join Simone in 5-top list on this destination. I guess you’ll go on with this page and many other Sweden pages. I'll come back with pleasure!

• christine.j's Profile Photo
    Nov 17, 2009 at 10:41 PM

I just finished reading part of this page;I will come back! I can imagine this:"Are you coming for some some coffee and cream this afternoon, Mrs Cod? It looks like it's going to be windy."

• mircaskirca's Profile Photo
    Nov 12, 2009 at 12:31 PM

Fantastic overview of your Swedish expedition!! A collection of old churches is amazing, each of them is a little gem. Glass works are simply beautiful, well worth the trip!! And all those cakes, and cider and fish... Sounds like you were in paradise :))

Trekki Visits Here Frequently!

Trekki

“Don't spend your life playing the role that others have chosen for you ;-)”

Badges & Stats in Sweden