Speyer Hotel Tips by Trekki Top 5 Page for this destination

Speyer Hotels: 950 reviews and 20 photos

- Speyer
Hotel Domhof: Hotel Domhof, excellent discounts on Sundays Hotel Domhof Review

I saw this hotel already before I stayed here and fell in love with its beautiful ambience: the walls covered with wine leaves, the large inner courtyard. And when VTer Scottishvisitor and hubby came for a visit in 2007 I checked the prices to realise that they have a special offer: 50% off for the night of Sunday to Monday. At that time this meant 49 Euro for a single room instead of 100 Euro. Joan and Ken agreed, so I booked us into this hotel. It was a very good choice because it the rooms were very nicely decorated and the breakfast was excellent. Ok, this was back in 2007. Of course a lot has changed and I didn’t stay here since, but then I live approx. 1 hour away and mostly go back home in the evenings. But my local buddies told me that it is still very good, even better than we have perceived it back then.

They state that they are a 3 star hotel but in fact they have more than is needed for the 3 star classification. They have free WLAN, TV, box spring beds, mini bar, shower or bath tub (depending on the room), a nice lobby, reception desk is staffed also in the evening. Very likely their breakfast, which is included in the price, is also better than it was already in 2007. Back then it was buffet style breakfast, and we had a hard time to decide what to eat. We had the choice of different kinds of cereals, eggs (your style), marmalade, Nutella (the nut spread), butter and margarine, a large selection of cheese and cold cuts, a variety of fresh fruits, yoghurts and all kind of bread (including crispy rolls). They serve coffee, orange juice, tomato juice and multivitamin juice. And you can select your tea among 20 different tastes (green, black and herb tea).

One remark nevertheless: if you live in a quiet region back home, bring earplugs. I live near an airport so my ears seem to neglect any noise, but Joan and Kenny live in a very quiet part of Scotland and they noticed the cathedral bells which ring every 15 minutes.

What I found nice is that they haven’t increased their prices too much. In 2007 the single room was 92 Euro, today (2015) it is 101 Euro. They still have the special of 50% off for a stay from Sunday to Monday, but it isn’t announced on their website. Check before you book.

They also offer different kinds of special arrangements, like Christmas and New Year specials, brewery weekends and “Speyer Protestation” weekend. These include accommodation and meals in their restaurant. See their website for more information -> specials

Credit cards accepted, English well spoken and of course their website is also in English.

Location of (1) Domhof beer garden, (2) Domhof restaurant, (3) Domhof hotel on Bing Maps.

© Ingrid D., November 2006 (So please do not copy my text or photos without my permission.), August 2015: text completely revised, photos exchanged, links repaired.

Address: Speyer, Bauhof 3

Price Comparison: more expensive than average

Phone: Tel: +49 - 6232-1329-0

Price: US$80-120

Theme: Hotel

Website: http://www.hoteldomhof.de/rooms.htm

• Updated Aug 13, 2015

Trekki

“Don't spend your life playing the role that others have chosen for you ;-)”

Badges & Stats in Speyer

Have you been to Speyer?

Visiting Speyer?
Read real reviews about Speyer Hotels!

Top 10 Speyer Things to Do