Speyer Hotel Tips by Trekki Top 5 Page for this destination

Speyer Hotels: 202 reviews and 26 photos

Hotel Domhof, Speyer – entrance - Speyer

Hotel Domhof, Speyer – entrance

Hotel Domhof: Hotel Domhof, an unforgettable experience Hotel Domhof Review

When I was in Speyer some time ago, I fell in love with this beautiful hotel, just by seeing its entrance. All covered with wild wine, looking lovely and cosy. I was very much amazed to read that they have special offers for the night from Sunday to Monday: 50% off all rooms ! It was only logical that I timed our recent visit in Speyer so that we could stay in this marvellous hotel for half the price. As we stayed here the day of beatification, it was impossible to drive to the hotel during daytime, but I already have told them about our late check-in (9 pm).

The staff is very helpful, very efficient. You can arrange all via phone or email, including paying with your credit card. The hotel itself is a gem, just look at the pictures ! As we were out in the town during the day, and in a restaurant nearby for dinner, we could not take advantage of the nice seating in the courtyard (haha, we would have gotten wet anyhow), but it must be a pleasure to do so in warm weather.
The rooms are spacious, mine (single room) had a big size bed (see pic). TV and mini-bar is in the room as well. Bathroom is spacious as well, and has all you need (including hair dryer).

The price includes buffet style breakfast, and it was very much difficult to decide what to eat. You have the choice of different kind of cereals, eggs (your style), marmelade, Nutella (the nut spread), butter and margerine, a big selection of cheese and cold cuts, a variety of fresh fruits, yoghurts and all kind of bread (including crispy rolls, ahh yamm…). They serve coffee, orange juice, tomato juice and multivitamin juice as well. And you can select your tea among 20 different tastes (green, black and herb tea).

Unique Qualities: Yes, it was a very wonderful experience, and I am already planning my next stay here (as a Christmas gift for my parents, to invite them here for asparagus season next year).

One remark though (Joan will write it anyhow, haha :-) ). The hotel is very close to the Cathedral. The Cathedral has very beautiful carillons (yes, although I never paid attention to carillons). But… they ring every 15 minutes. I am used to background noise (as I live close to Frankfurt Airport), but if you are not used to noise, bring earplugs to make your stay here very much enjoyable :-).

I paid 49 Euro for a single room at the special Sunday rate. Normal price would be 92 Euro. Doubles at the Sunday rate are 56 Euro, normal price 112 Euro.

They also offer all different kind of special arrangements, like Christmas and New Year specials, honeymoon specials, brewery specials (haha, I know who would love that), winter specials, Easter specials, and so on.
Look it up at their website. Unfortunately only in German. But if you need help with the translation, just contact me.

Update, November 2009:
no update i text or photos. I have only "grouped" this tip, since someone did add several hotels in Speyer, including this Hotel Domhof, to our database.

Address: Speyer, Bauhof 3

Comparison: about average

Directions: If you have the Cathedral in your back, look to your right - you can't miss the wild wine covered house, which says "Restaurant Domhof", it is on the right then.
Coordinates on GoogleEarth:
49°19’04,79’’ N; 08°26’26,91’’ E

Other Contact: E-Mail: rezeption@domhof.de

Phone: Tel: +49 - 6232-1329-0

Price: US$20-40

Theme: Hotel

Website: http://www.domhof.de/Hotel.htm

• Updated Nov 23, 2009

Trekki Visits Here Frequently!

Trekki

“Don't spend your life playing the role that others have chosen for you ;-)”

Badges & Stats in Speyer

Have you been to Speyer?

Visiting Speyer?
Read real reviews about Speyer Hotels!