Speyer Hotel Tips by Trekki Top 5 Page for this destination
Speyer Hotels: 950 reviews and 20 photos
I saw this hotel already before I stayed here and fell in love with its beautiful ambience: the walls covered with wine leaves, the large inner courtyard. And when VTer Scottishvisitor and hubby came for a visit in 2007 I checked the prices to realise that they have a special offer: 50% off for the night of Sunday to Monday. At that time this meant 49 Euro for a single room instead of 100 Euro. Joan and Ken agreed, so I booked us into this hotel. It was a very good choice because it the rooms were very nicely decorated and the breakfast was excellent. Ok, this was back in 2007. Of course a lot has changed and I didn’t stay here since, but then I live approx. 1 hour away and mostly go back home in the evenings. But my local buddies told me that it is still very good, even better than we have perceived it back then.
They state that they are a 3 star hotel but in fact they have more than is needed for the 3 star classification. They have free WLAN, TV, box spring beds, mini bar, shower or bath tub (depending on the room), a nice lobby, reception desk is staffed also in the evening. Very likely their breakfast, which is included in the price, is also better than it was already in 2007. Back then it was buffet style breakfast, and we had a hard time to decide what to eat. We had the choice of different kinds of cereals, eggs (your style), marmalade, Nutella (the nut spread), butter and margarine, a large selection of cheese and cold cuts, a variety of fresh fruits, yoghurts and all kind of bread (including crispy rolls). They serve coffee, orange juice, tomato juice and multivitamin juice. And you can select your tea among 20 different tastes (green, black and herb tea).
One remark nevertheless: if you live in a quiet region back home, bring earplugs. I live near an airport so my ears seem to neglect any noise, but Joan and Kenny live in a very quiet part of Scotland and they noticed the cathedral bells which ring every 15 minutes.
What I found nice is that they haven’t increased their prices too much. In 2007 the single room was 92 Euro, today (2015) it is 101 Euro. They still have the special of 50% off for a stay from Sunday to Monday, but it isn’t announced on their website. Check before you book.
They also offer different kinds of special arrangements, like Christmas and New Year specials, brewery weekends and “Speyer Protestation” weekend. These include accommodation and meals in their restaurant. See their website for more information -> specials
Credit cards accepted, English well spoken and of course their website is also in English.
Location of (1) Domhof beer garden, (2) Domhof restaurant, (3) Domhof hotel on Bing Maps.
© Ingrid D., November 2006 (So please do not copy my text or photos without my permission.), August 2015: text completely revised, photos exchanged, links repaired.
Address: Speyer, Bauhof 3
Price Comparison: more expensive than average
Phone: Tel: +49 - 6232-1329-0
More Reviews (72)
- See All Speyer’s traditional snack – the pretzel
- See All Where again are we? London? No, Speyer...
- See All Very good bookshop Osiander
- Please - watch your steps!
- See All The Seven Deadly Sins - interesting...
- See All Excellent books about Speyer's cathedral
- Illuminated Altpörtel – ah, what a sight
- See All Charming backstreets all over in town
- Very much tourist friendly = no traps
- Convenient parking and incredible low...
Trekki's Related Pages
Speyer Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "the old cathedral & a great Technical Museum"
- "Speyer – the pearl of Palatinate and Europe"
- "WELCOME TO MY SPEYER PAGE ......:-)"
- "Underrated fun"
- "Inspired by Speyer"
- "Technik Museum Speyer"
- "A VT outing to a beautiful city"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Speyer
- Hotels in Speyer
- Transportation in Speyer
- Nightlife in Speyer
- Restaurants in Speyer
- Shopping in Speyer
- Warnings and Dangers in Speyer
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Speyer
- 73 Reviews
- 327 Photos
- 2 Forum posts
- 53 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (158)
Have you been to Speyer?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Speyer
- Posted in Travel Munich Forum "Re: Neuschwanstein Castle"
- updated a Speyer Travel Page "Speyer – the pearl of Palatinate and Europe"
- Commented on one of Trekki's Speyer tips
- Wrote a Review Speyer’s traditional snack – the pretzel about Brezel Stalls in Speyer Restaurants
- Uploaded a Photo to "Speyer’s traditional snack – the pretzel"
Photos in SpeyerSee All Photos (327)
Read real reviews about Speyer Hotels!
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Venice Intro, 119 reviews, 464 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marburg an der Lahn Intro, 96 reviews, 434 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Italy Intro, 108 reviews, 404 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gubbio Intro, 80 reviews, 404 photos, 15 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Land Rheinland-Pfalz Intro, 82 reviews, 321 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Speyer Intro, 73 reviews, 326 photos, 11 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Umbria Intro, 60 reviews, 264 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Darmstadt Intro, 64 reviews, 242 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Germany Intro, 86 reviews, 211 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bologna Intro, 48 reviews, 222 photos, 9 travelogues
FriendsSee All Friends (220)
- Cathedral - Kaiserdom- 43 Reviews, 144 Photos
- Technical Museum- 30 Reviews, 63 Photos
- Trinity Church - Dreifaltigkeitskirche- 12 Reviews, 34 Photos
- Memorial Church - Gedächtniskirche- 7 Reviews, 26 Photos
- Old City Gate - Altpörtel- 12 Reviews, 32 Photos
- Pilgrim Statue- 7 Reviews, 11 Photos
- Historical Museum Of The Palatinate- 11 Reviews, 22 Photos
- Jewish Heritage- 5 Reviews, 17 Photos
- City Hall - Historisches Rathaus- 5 Reviews, 12 Photos
- Old Mint - Alte Münze- 4 Reviews, 9 Photos
See All Speyer Things to Do