Steingaden Warnings Or Dangers Tips by Trekki
Steingaden Warnings and Dangers: 1 reviews and 3 photos
View from my balcony October 5, 2011
Of course this is not a real warning or danger tip, but one of the “be aware” kind, especially for the dreamer ones like me. This is the part of Bavaria which is close to the Alps and that means that weather can change quite quickly.
When I was here in early October 2011, I arrived at beautiful sunshine and rather warm temperatures (approx. 25°C all the time). The forecast was optimistic for the next days but dreaming me just didn’t think of changes... I heard that it would get colder at the end of my planned days and luckily I found a Tchibo shop (usually for coffee but also for other daily items) nearby where I could buy at least a new fleece jacket (although I have already several..., but at home). But even though the weather forecast said “snow down to the lower regions”, my “summer-programmed” brain didn’t realise that this can mean indeed snow. So I was shocked to put it mildly when I woke up on October 8 and saw snow on my bathroom window. Oh my... It stayed for a couple of hours but since the temperatures were not below freezing it didn’t stay. Luckily the temperatures were rising again on the following Sunday which made it easy for me to drive back home. Which was good because my car did not yet have snow tyres....
So be prepared. Bring warm clothes even if the forecast is good and sunny!
© Ingrid D., October 2011.
More Reviews (16)
- See All Nearby Ilgen with another church jewel
- The master builder is buried here
- See All Magic evenings in Wies with organ...
- Hiking around Steingaden
Trekki's Related Pages
Steingaden Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Close to heaven, literally and figuratively :)"
- "The Romanesque church of Steingaden"
- "Wieskirche in Steingaden"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Steingaden
- Hotels in Steingaden
- Transportation in Steingaden
- Restaurants in Steingaden
- Shopping in Steingaden
- Warnings and Dangers in Steingaden
- See All...
Explore the World
- Glen Burnie Hotels
- Foz do Iguaçu Hotels
- Mendocino Hotels
- Leaside Hotels
- Traffic / Taxis / Pedestrians
- Afghanistan Warnings and Dangers
- Montezuma Warnings and Dangers
- Cluj-Napoca Warnings and Dangers
- Belarus Warnings and Dangers
- Taxi companies
- Malibu Warnings and Dangers
- Snakes, scorpions and other dangerous animal life
- Thessaloniki Warnings and Dangers
- Be Aware / Be Prepared
Badges & Stats in Steingaden
- 17 Reviews
- 116 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 13 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (68)
Have you been to Steingaden?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Steingaden
- Posted in Travel Italy Forum "Re: Where to go besides the..."
- Commented on one of Trekki's Steingaden travel pages
- updated a Steingaden Travel Page "Close to heaven, literally and figuratively :)"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Close to heaven, literally and figuratively :)"
- Wrote a Review Nearby Ilgen with another church jewel in Steingaden Things to Do
- Uploaded a Video to Steingaden
Photos in SteingadenSee All Photos (116)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Venice Intro, 118 reviews, 473 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Italy Intro, 108 reviews, 398 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marburg an der Lahn Intro, 90 reviews, 407 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gubbio Intro, 80 reviews, 330 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Land Rheinland-Pfalz Intro, 77 reviews, 293 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Speyer Intro, 55 reviews, 271 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Umbria Intro, 60 reviews, 264 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Darmstadt Intro, 62 reviews, 240 photos, 21 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Germany Intro, 81 reviews, 190 photos, 9 travelogues
- London Intro, 40 reviews, 202 photos, 6 travelogues