Umbria Packing List Tips by Trekki Top 5 Page for this destination
Umbria What to Pack: 2 reviews and 1 photos
Luggage and bags: If you want to visit the old cities and might need to park “outisde” or walk from train/bus stations to your accommodation, I would recomment that you bring luggage on wheels or backpacks, they are easier to carry on the often cobblestoned roads.
Clothing/Shoes/Weather Gear: Definitely bring shoes with which you are comfortable for walking. Often, the roads are steep and often they have cobblestones. Your feet will be grateful in the evening. Bring warm clothes, even in summer, as the temperature in the valleys might get colder than at the coast. Umbrella or raincoat might be a good idea, depending on the season. I needed good rainprotection in April (2008). If you want to visit churches, bring something to cover arms and legs, as you might not be let in with unappropriate clothes.
Toiletries and Medical Supplies: There are enough pharmacies where you can get medical supply. Bring translation for prescriptions. You might like to bring first aid kits with band-aid, as you might have blisters from walking. Foot cream is a good idea, too. My feet were happy in the evening with this :-)
Photo Equipment: The most magic impressions throughout whole Umbria are the churches and other buildings. Many of them have ornaments, sculptures and other details where you would need a good tele lens.
Camping/Beach/Outdoor Gear: There is no beach in Umbria, but depending on the places you stay, you might have access to a pool. Or you might like to swim in one of the lakes (Trasimeno, Piediluco, Bolsena). If you plan to hike, bring all your equipment, as it is most unlikely to find places where you can rent tents and the other stuff.
Miscellaneous: Binoculars are a good idea, for wildlife watching or looking at the building details. Maybe a torch as well, as depending where you go, streets might not be lit appropriately. Italian dictionary is also a good idea.
More Reviews (59)
- See All Very good option for Valnerina: stay in...
- See All Spello: Umbria’s flower town & amazing...
- See All Get Angelo Branduardi's "Umbria" CD :-)
- See All Living nativities
- Umbria is a secret hiking + biking...
- See All Still much earthquake damage (after the...
- Todi is nothing special
- Umbria on your own – very easy to get...
- Parking rules and narrow cities :-)
- See All San Leo, tiny hilltop village (Le...
- See All Excellent dining in Gubbio
Been to Umbria?Share your travels with the world!
Trekki's Related Pages
Umbria Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "When god created paradise - he created Umbria :-)"
- "The Heart of Italia - Umbria"
- "Springtime in Umbria, Italy"
- "Out of the Shadows of Tuscany and Into the Light"
- "La verde Umbria"
- "Umbria - the lesser known sister of Tuscany"
- "Umbria the Green Heart of Italy"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Umbria
- Hotels in Umbria
- Transportation in Umbria
- Nightlife in Umbria
- Restaurants in Umbria
- Shopping in Umbria
- Warnings and Dangers in Umbria
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Umbria
- 237 Reviews
- 1,161 Photos
- 98 Forum posts
- 10 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (155)
Have you been to Umbria?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Umbria
- Posted in Travel Germany Forum "Re: Should we be worried about..."
- Commented on one of Trekki's Umbria tips
- Wrote a Review Very good option for Valnerina:... in Umbria Hotels
- Uploaded a Photo to "Very good option for Valnerina: stay in Preci"
- updated a Umbria Travel Page "When god created paradise - he created Umbria :-)"
Videos in UmbriaSee All Videos (23)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Venice Intro, 119 reviews, 464 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marburg an der Lahn Intro, 96 reviews, 434 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Italy Intro, 108 reviews, 402 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gubbio Intro, 80 reviews, 404 photos, 15 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Land Rheinland-Pfalz Intro, 82 reviews, 321 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Speyer Intro, 65 reviews, 301 photos, 11 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Umbria Intro, 60 reviews, 264 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Darmstadt Intro, 64 reviews, 239 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Germany Intro, 85 reviews, 210 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bologna Intro, 48 reviews, 222 photos, 9 travelogues