"Beautiful town and spectacular canyon :-)" Eksjö by Trekki

Eksjö Travel Guide: 29 reviews and 123 photos

I am so grateful to Charlotta (@sjalen) for having written about this lovely city because otherwise I would not have found it. In addition to a beautiful old town there is also a very much spectacular canyon close by: Skurugata.

Enjoy :-)

All pictures have been taken by me, if not marked otherwise.
Please do not use any of them without my permission.
The same applies for my writings here.
Thanks.

• Last visit to Eksjö: Aug 2009
  • Intro Updated Sep 22, 2013

• deecat's Profile Photo
    Sep 2, 2010 at 10:49 AM

Ingrid, it's been so long since I've visited you...I now realize why I love visiting your pages. Enjoyed the cakes, the trails, museums, wooden houses. Youth hostel with such privacy was excellent. Learned new term: "cairm".

• Sjalen's Profile Photo
    Apr 8, 2010 at 2:11 AM

Excellent page! Thanks for your kind words :) Lennart's is the general waterhole for school kids since it's one of the few big enough cafés :)))

• Manara's Profile Photo
    Mar 22, 2010 at 5:43 PM

Lovely page! I visited this town in 2002, pity I didn't know about the canyon!

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    Oct 24, 2009 at 7:48 AM

Hi Ingrid, this really does look like a beautiful town and spectacular canyon right in the middle of southern Sweden. Good that you put a stone on the cairn to ensure happy travels.

• toonsarah's Profile Photo
    Sep 12, 2009 at 6:11 AM

Came back to finish :-) This looks such a perfect place to visit, with the town so quaint and the canyon so lovely - and of course delicious cakes as well ;-)

• Bwana_Brown's Profile Photo
    Sep 11, 2009 at 11:27 AM

Ingrid, this is a beautiful little page! I love the way the historic nature of Eksjö has been preserved. As for Skurugata canyon - Wow!! The timing may not have been perfect, but you managed amazing photos of it from every angle!

• lynnehamman's Profile Photo
    Sep 10, 2009 at 7:07 AM

Your adventerous spirit shines through on your pages, Ingrid. I think your theory regarding formation of the canyon is possible. Lovely photos. The cakes look very delicious. Hugs

• Zvrlj's Profile Photo
    Sep 10, 2009 at 12:15 AM

So, Eksjo is one of yours "hidden" destinations of summer 2009 :-) It looks enchanting.

• Kuznetsov_Sergey's Profile Photo
    Sep 7, 2009 at 8:25 AM

A very nice page about a place I never heard about! But you've mentioned Sigtuna which I know better and waiting for your page about it. The custom to put a stone on the cairnis is rather young because the rock formation isn't very big, haha!

• mircaskirca's Profile Photo
    Sep 4, 2009 at 12:10 AM

Haha, and did you find where to find the best cake? ;) Oh, I can imagine how difficult it must have been for you to decide among so many good ones :)) Lovely town with wooden houses and spectacular canyon - more reasons for making a stop here!!

Trekki

“Don't spend your life playing the role that others have chosen for you ;-)”

Badges & Stats in Eksjö