"Käringön: best place to celebrate a half century" Käringön by Trekki

Käringön Travel Guide: 17 reviews and 102 photos

Well, what can I say? I have known about this island for ages, through VT. And I was overly excited and happy when, on the morning of the occasion of me being on this planet for half a century, I found a lovely box in front of my tent, including an invitation to this cute island and, moreover, including dinner at the best Swedish restaurant which happens to be on this island. It rained, but that didn’t take the fun out of this day and evening. It was a long evening ….. and we almost missed the ferry back, lol.

Thank you sweet Simone and Åke for making this day so extra special!!!!

All pictures have been taken by me, if not marked otherwise.
Please do not use any of them without my permission.
The same applies for my writings here.
Thanks.

• Intro Updated Sep 22, 2013

• hunterV's Profile Photo
    Jul 8, 2014 at 4:49 AM

Ingrid, thanks for your excellent story about your experience in Käringön!

• Ekahau's Profile Photo
    Jul 8, 2014 at 4:02 AM

looks beautiful heading to Norway Denmark and Sweden for meeting in OCt and Nov looks like a place to see thanks

• Trekki's Profile Photo
      Jul 8, 2014 at 10:59 PM

Oh yes, indeed!! If you can manage - go there, it is my most favourite little spot on the west coast!

• glabah's Profile Photo
    Apr 27, 2011 at 9:47 AM

I wish we had more car-free islands around here. The ones we do have are impossible to get to unless you own your own boat. Some are privately owned.

• thinking's Profile Photo
    Jul 10, 2010 at 3:26 PM

I now want to visit Sweden. Before I never even considered it.

• hunterV's Profile Photo
    Jan 22, 2010 at 11:40 AM

Hello, Ingrid! I see it was a great trip! <><><><><

• Kuznetsov_Sergey's Profile Photo
    Nov 21, 2009 at 12:27 AM

Meal from Peterson's Krog looks really beautiful and seems to be delicious enough for your birthday gift! So I guess it was easy to be late for a ferry while having Irish coffee with such a pleasant company, haha! Have a nice weekend, Ingrid!

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    Nov 15, 2009 at 12:21 PM

Beautiful carfree island, beautiful churches, fantastic restaurant -- the ideal place for your big celebration.

• Nov 9, 2009 at 10:42 PM

these little red houses near the sea remind me so much of the canadian maritime region, especiall peggy's cove in nova scotia. fantastic!

• christine.j's Profile Photo
    Oct 25, 2009 at 2:51 AM

What a wonderful way to celebrate half a century! The restaurant certainly seems to be very special.

• tiabunna's Profile Photo
    Oct 24, 2009 at 4:42 AM

There's nothing like combining good food and good friends for a special occasion - put that together with a different and interesting place, and it's an unbeatable combination. Thank you for sharing your lovely birthday celebration.

Trekki

“Don't spend your life playing the role that others have chosen for you ;-)”

Badges & Stats in Käringön

Have you been to Käringön?