"Cesenatico: beach resort and colourful old port" Cesenatico by Trekki

Cesenatico Travel Guide: 7 reviews and 22 photos

With the colourful sails of the historical ships in the old port Cesenatico it is surely a highlight among the beach resort villages along the Adriatic Coast.

My descriptions are short, since I only spent the morning of a sunny day in April 2008 here but from what I saw during this short stay, it is well worth a longer visit.

All pictures have been taken by me, if not marked otherwise.
Please do not use any of them without my permission.
The same applies for my writings here.
Thanks.

• Pros:Relaxed beach resort, marvellous old port, interesting museums
  • Last visit to Cesenatico: Apr 2008
  • Intro Updated Sep 22, 2013

• Maryimelda's Profile Photo
    Aug 1, 2012 at 10:46 PM

I just stumbled on this page because of an answer you gave in the travel forum today. I'm sure glad I did. It looks wonderful, Ingrid. Well done as always. I especially like the photos of you in 1963, you haven't changed at all!!!!!

• toonsarah's Profile Photo
    Jun 27, 2012 at 8:24 AM

I wouldn't have believed that you had an Italy page that I hadn't read - how did I miss this?
    I love the colourful sails, and the way of fishing is so interesting. Loved seeing the old photos from 1963 too ;-)

• balhannah's Profile Photo
    Mar 11, 2012 at 11:51 PM

I love those sailing Boats, they are so colourful and pretty!

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    Mar 8, 2011 at 11:38 AM

I'm glad to learn that the former "Teutonic Grill" is now authentically Italian again. And of course I was happy to read that they have a network of separate roads for cyclists. I only know the Po Valley further upstream, at Cremona and Busseto.

• richiecdisc's Profile Photo
    Mar 6, 2011 at 4:07 AM

Gorgeous shots though must say the butterfly is my favorite. Nice recollections of your past here & how it's reverted back. I always wondered how anyone could prefer a schnitzel over chicken parmigiana.

• MM212's Profile Photo
    Mar 5, 2011 at 8:08 AM

Fantastic photography! A great page on a lesser known destination in Italy. I miss la bella Italia... must find a way to return this year. Ciao, M

• Mar 2, 2011 at 6:44 PM

i love the photography on this page... such vivid colors!

• yumyum's Profile Photo
    Feb 26, 2011 at 12:09 AM

Wow the photo with those old boats is just fantastic!!! Love it!

• mircaskirca's Profile Photo
    Feb 24, 2011 at 11:14 PM

It looks like a lovely area to explore and relax! :) Wow, what beautiful and colourful old ships! Also interesting to learn about the traditional fishing methods. Haha, I would certainly choose spaghetti and gelato rather then schnitzel and bratwurst ;)

Trekki

“Don't spend your life playing the role that others have chosen for you ;-)”

Badges & Stats in Cesenatico

Have you been to Cesenatico?