"Norcia – sausage and magnificent hiking" Norcia by Trekki
Norcia Travel Guide: 17 reviews and 54 photos
Norcia is a tiny village in eastern Umbria, surrounded by magic mountains. Initially I came here to see the famous Piano Grande, but could not see the magnificent wild flower blooming, as it was too early (these are changing the plain into a very colourful flower carpet early July). But at least I saw this fascinating forest at the hill slopes, where the trees have been cut to leave the shape of Italy only.
The fact that I couldn’t see more of Piano Grande was also the reason that I didn’t stay longer in Norcia, although this lovely little village deserves much more attention and justifies a stay of 1-2 days. But I will be back for sure, but then in early summer or autumn.
That’s also the reason why my Norcia page is rather small, it is of a stay of approximately only 3 hours.
From Norcia I went further southwest and found the most charming place to stay at Abbazia San Pietro in Valle.
- Pros:Tiny and lovely, very typical old Umbrian village
- Cons:Noth that I know of any
- In a nutshell:Old village, home of San Benedetto, sausage heaven and nearby hiking heaven
San Francesco of Assisi is not the only famous Umbrian saint who founded an order. San Benedetto di Nursia lived even... more travel advice
North of Norcia is Castelluccio and Piano Grande which are at the edge of Monti Sibillini National Park, a most... more travel advice
Trekki's Related Pages
Norcia Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Norcia – sausage and magnificent hiking"
- "Castelluccio di Norcia"
- "Easter holidays 2007"
- "Monti Sibillini"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Norcia
- Transportation in Norcia
- Restaurants in Norcia
- Shopping in Norcia
- Warnings and Dangers in Norcia
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Norcia
- 14 Reviews
- 42 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 25 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (153)
Have you been to Norcia?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Norcia
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: Euro Meet 2015"
- Commented on one of Trekki's Norcia tips
- updated a Norcia Travel Page "Norcia – sausage and magnificent hiking"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Norcia – sausage and magnificent hiking"
- Wrote a Review Good shoes, rain protection and binoculars in Norcia What to Pack
Photos in NorciaSee All Photos (42)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Venice Intro, 118 reviews, 473 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marburg an der Lahn Intro, 96 reviews, 434 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Italy Intro, 108 reviews, 402 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gubbio Intro, 80 reviews, 404 photos, 15 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Land Rheinland-Pfalz Intro, 82 reviews, 321 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Speyer Intro, 59 reviews, 286 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Umbria Intro, 60 reviews, 264 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Darmstadt Intro, 63 reviews, 234 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Germany Intro, 85 reviews, 209 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bologna Intro, 48 reviews, 222 photos, 9 travelogues