"Wine, Etruscans and a magnificent duomo" Top 5 Page for this destination Orvieto by Trekki
Orvieto Travel Guide: 217 reviews and 756 photos
Orvieto was the last stop during my three weeks touring through Umbria. After a lot of rainy but pleasant days the city and region surprised me with very sunny weather. Orvieto is famous for its wine of course, but it was also a very old settlement, the major one during Etruscan times. Necropoli Cocifisso di Tufo at the slopes of Orvieto can be visited, it is well worth it. And then of course the most magnificent duomo with its beatiful façade!
I hope you enjoy walking with me through this splendid town.
All pictures have been taken by me, if not marked otherwise.
Please do not use any of them without my permission.
The same applies for my writings here.
- Pros:Wine, magnificent duomo, Etruscans, museums
When you walk through Orvieto, no matter if you are along the main axis or in the backstreets, it is well worth to stop... more travel advice
If you want to visit Orvieto and stay inside the city and might need to park “outisde” or walk from train/bus stations... more travel advice
- See All Orvieto, easy to reach by plane and...
- Park outside, better for you and the...
- See All Lago Bolsena and Bagnoregio are near
Trekki's Related Pages
Orvieto Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Wine, Etruscans and a magnificent duomo"
- "Orvieto: Ancient Hilltown Close To Rome: 2013"
- "Pottery heaven -- and other heavenly things"
- "The hill town of Orvieto"
- "Close to Rome And Worth a Visit"
- "The most marvellous duomo"
- "Classic hilltop town"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Orvieto
- Hotels in Orvieto
- Transportation in Orvieto
- Nightlife in Orvieto
- Restaurants in Orvieto
- Shopping in Orvieto
- Warnings and Dangers in Orvieto
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Orvieto
- 26 Reviews
- 173 Photos
- 17 Forum posts
- 19 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (77)
Have you been to Orvieto?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Orvieto
- Commented on one of Trekki's Orvieto travel pages
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: Who's Brave Enough?"
- updated a Orvieto Travel Page "Wine, Etruscans and a magnificent duomo"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Wine, Etruscans and a magnificent duomo"
- Wrote a Review Eyes up: magnificent frescoes and carvings in Orvieto Local Customs
Photos in OrvietoSee All Photos (173)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Venice Intro, 118 reviews, 473 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Italy Intro, 108 reviews, 401 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marburg an der Lahn Intro, 90 reviews, 407 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gubbio Intro, 80 reviews, 330 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Land Rheinland-Pfalz Intro, 78 reviews, 295 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Speyer Intro, 57 reviews, 280 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Umbria Intro, 60 reviews, 264 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Darmstadt Intro, 62 reviews, 229 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Germany Intro, 82 reviews, 191 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bavaria Intro, 49 reviews, 198 photos, 2 travelogues
FriendsSee All Friends (168)
Latest Orvieto hotel reviews
- Locanda Rosati
- 216 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 29, 2013
- Hotel La Badia
- 77 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 4, 2013
- Agriturismo La Rocca Orvieto
- 1 Review & Opinion
- B&B CasaSelita
- 140 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 7, 2013
- Palazzo Piccolomini
- 124 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 27, 2013
- B&B Sant'Andrea
- 9 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 12, 2013
- B&B Villa degli Ulivi
- 83 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 18, 2013
- Casa Flavia
- 71 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Aug 16, 2013
- Umbria Hotel
- 8 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 2, 2013
- Hotel Orvieto
- 11 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Mar 26, 2013
- B&B Garibaldi Orvieto
- 44 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 26, 2013
- 54 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 23, 2013