"Wine, Etruscans and a magnificent duomo" Top 5 Page for this destination Orvieto by Trekki

Orvieto Travel Guide: 217 reviews and 756 photos

Orvieto was the last stop during my three weeks touring through Umbria. After a lot of rainy but pleasant days the city and region surprised me with very sunny weather. Orvieto is famous for its wine of course, but it was also a very old settlement, the major one during Etruscan times. Necropoli Cocifisso di Tufo at the slopes of Orvieto can be visited, it is well worth it. And then of course the most magnificent duomo with its beatiful façade!

I hope you enjoy walking with me through this splendid town.

All pictures have been taken by me, if not marked otherwise.
Please do not use any of them without my permission.
The same applies for my writings here.
Thanks.

• Pros:Wine, magnificent duomo, Etruscans, museums
  • Last visit to Orvieto: Apr 2008
  • Intro Updated Sep 22, 2013

• balhannah's Profile Photo
    Feb 18, 2014 at 1:09 AM

A lovely page Ingrid! The Duomo is fantastic! I really have enjoyed the photos you took, the ones in your travelogues.

• Regina1965's Profile Photo
    Dec 8, 2013 at 5:54 AM

Orvieto looks like an amazing Italian city. Thanks for sharing it with us, Ingrid :)

• Trekki's Profile Photo
      Dec 8, 2013 at 6:39 AM

Thank you so much dear Regina for having walked through "my" Orivieto :-)) And for your sweet comments :-))

• Regina1965's Profile Photo
      Dec 8, 2013 at 8:19 AM

My pleasure :)

• FruitLover's Profile Photo
    Jun 4, 2011 at 1:07 AM

Now i need one more day in this special town. Many THANX, la Ingrid! GELATO in Italia.... big sighhhhh my favorites: those who made of FRESH (this morning, not yesterday) fruits. Avi

• magor65's Profile Photo
    Apr 15, 2011 at 10:57 AM

Yet another page of yours that I've read with great interest. The Duomo looks and sounds amazing so I'm looking forward to visiting it.

• crewrower's Profile Photo
    Jul 18, 2010 at 2:24 AM

Thanks for telling me about Orvieto and this page. Very helpful and interesting!

• Florida999's Profile Photo
    Apr 20, 2010 at 5:39 AM

Great page on Orvieto!! This is on my list of places to visit in Italy ( lol, no volcano there either...)

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    Mar 5, 2010 at 10:23 AM

Brilliant photos of the mosaics and carvings! (If only VT would display them a bit faster . . .) I'm glad to hear that Orvieto is easy to reach by public transport.

• BruceDunning's Profile Photo
    Feb 10, 2010 at 10:45 AM

This is one place we have yet to see for Italy. Thanks for the tour and giving reason to return soon and take in more medieval history. Great presentation

• basstbn's Profile Photo
    Jan 27, 2010 at 9:53 AM

Very interesting, most helpful information, and of course your photo work is exceptional. I have wanted to visit Orvieto since studying the Duomo facade in an art history class - 40 years ago!

• hunterV's Profile Photo
    Dec 7, 2009 at 12:13 AM

 G r e a t         p a g e   !

Trekki

“Don't spend your life playing the role that others have chosen for you ;-)”

Badges & Stats in Orvieto

Have you been to Orvieto?