"Preci - famous for ophthalmologists once :-)" Preci by Trekki

Preci Travel Guide: 9 reviews and 22 photos

Preci, or Borgo Preci to be precise, is a nice and small hilltop village in northern Umbria. It is being considered as the cradle of opththalmology and a museum explains the history of the medieval surgeons of Preci. The village is an ideal base to explore Valnerina and also the wonderful Abbazia Sant’Eutizio nearby.
I stayed here for two nights during my recent trip through Umbria in May 2011.

If you wish to, follow my suggested tour and start with the first to-do tip here and continue by following the respective links at the end of each tip. At the end, I link back to my intro page.

All pictures have been taken by me, if not marked otherwise.
Please do not use any of them without my permission.
The same applies for my writings here.
Thanks.

• Last visit to Preci: May 2011
  • Intro Updated Dec 20, 2011

• slothtraveller's Profile Photo
    Apr 15, 2012 at 2:45 PM

Your lead photo of Preci's beautiful backdrop is great! It's also good to hear that they are investing in hydroelectricity and using this landscape for purposes other than tourism.

• toonsarah's Profile Photo
    Aug 8, 2011 at 12:29 PM

A lovely little town! The abbey is beautiful (I love your close-up of the little angel!) and the scenery wonderful :-)

• mircaskirca's Profile Photo
    Jul 16, 2011 at 12:30 PM

Another lovely tiny hilltop village! What a beautiful setting for the abbey, and it's close enough from Preci to hike. Nice video and music, the festa gives an additional charm to the abbey :)

• Jul 13, 2011 at 4:46 PM

a delightful little page on this delightful little town! another gem in beloved italia!

• richiecdisc's Profile Photo
    Jul 13, 2011 at 11:28 AM

Like the feel of this place. The simple room and meal of Agli Scacchi seem like something I could afford and relate to. Maybe there's a place for me in Italy even all. :)

Trekki

“Don't spend your life playing the role that others have chosen for you ;-)”

Badges & Stats in Preci