"Peaceful Lago Cingoli" Moscosi by Trekki

Moscosi Travel Guide: 2 reviews and 24 photos

The lake between Marche villages of Cingoli and Apiro is an artificial one. With its shape – several arms rather than being roundish – I thought it must be nice to stay here near one of the little “arms” the night before I headed back to Gubbio. Easier said than done. When I drove around the lake, coming from Cingoli in its east, once again I realised that these small lakes aren’t like the big ones in the north: there is hardly access to the water and no lakeside location exists. But I didn’t give up and crossed the bridges in the lake’s west, when I saw a sign for an agriturismo. But instead of downhill to the shore the road lead uphill. After a while I found the place, walked inside and asked for a room. What followed was simply peace and the next morning it was hard to leave.

The lake is called Lago Cingoli on several maps but also Lago di Castreccioni. Castreccioni is the name of the little hamlet after the bridge. And Moscosi is the name of the tiny hamlet at the end of the road.
Thanks to VT staff we have Moscosi in our database since October 2011, and this is why I have moved my page to the proper location :-)

All pictures have been taken by me, if not marked otherwise.
Please do not use any of them without my permission.
The same applies for my writings here.
Thanks.

• Last visit to Moscosi: May 2011
  • Intro Updated Jul 7, 2012

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    Aug 28, 2012 at 11:26 AM

Hello Ingrid, I enjoyed reading your eloquent and enthusiastic restaurant and hotel tips. Judging from the photos in your travelogues, this looks like a beautiful region!

• Trekki's Profile Photo
      Aug 28, 2012 at 11:31 AM

Thank you Don :-)) It is indeed!! I drove through the area again this August. I mean 2 weeks ago.

• toonsarah's Profile Photo
    Jul 14, 2012 at 12:30 PM

Another place for my list of "next time in Marche" ;-) - what a view! Lovely travelogue photos too, and penne arrabiata - one of my very favourites :-)

• balhannah's Profile Photo
    Nov 22, 2011 at 9:15 PM

I can feel the peace and happiness you felt in the scenic area!

• Yaqui's Profile Photo
    Nov 12, 2011 at 10:15 AM

The lush green rollings hills a beautiful and the your hotel stay sounds very special. Nice page!

• ranger49's Profile Photo
    Jun 29, 2011 at 5:24 AM

How magical! What serendipity to come across such a lovely place so unexpectedly. Thanks for sharing your great little find!

• Kuznetsov_Sergey's Profile Photo
    Jun 24, 2011 at 10:42 AM

Very picturesque travelogues, Ingrid! US$20-40 for a single room is impossible for Russia, (and for Germany I'm afraid, haha)!

• xaver's Profile Photo
    Jun 21, 2011 at 7:03 AM

this agriturismo looks like a great deal, will try to organise a trip this summer.

• richiecdisc's Profile Photo
    Jun 16, 2011 at 10:38 AM

Sounds like a lovely stop and gotta love your melons, especially when the whole meal was only 20€.

• Jun 13, 2011 at 9:57 PM

sigh... i want to stay in an agriturismo place like this! and by golly, how did you manage to eat all that food? i cant do courses - i fill up after entree! lol

• Maryimelda's Profile Photo
    Jun 13, 2011 at 1:19 AM

Another beautiful area you have disco vered, Ingrid. Glad you like red wine!

Trekki

“Don't spend your life playing the role that others have chosen for you ;-)”

Badges & Stats in Moscosi

Have you been to Moscosi?