"Lago Trasimeno - relaxing beauty off season" Lago Trasimeno by Trekki

Lago Trasimeno Travel Guide: 7 reviews and 28 photos

Of course I wanted to see Lago Trasimeno during my tour through Umbria in April 2008. This, not only because I wanted to come to peace with my school lessons in history, but also because I love water. I was here only for half a day and April was definitely a quiet season. I missed so much, like a visit to one of the islands, the fishermen museum, the western part of the lake and many other villages – but then I have a good reason to come back.

All pictures have been taken by me, if not marked otherwise.
Please do not use any of them without my permission.
The same applies for my writings here.
Thanks.

• Last visit to Lago Trasimeno: Apr 2008
  • Intro Updated Sep 22, 2013

• MalenaN's Profile Photo
    Feb 21, 2014 at 9:53 PM

Looks to be a beautiful day to visit the lake. Hope you can come back one day to see more and visit the islands. The castle ruins looks very nice!

• Trekki's Profile Photo
      Feb 21, 2014 at 11:42 PM

Thanks dear Malena for having walked through Lago Trasimeno region with me :-) I will be back, it is only a matter of time!

• balhannah's Profile Photo
    Jun 27, 2012 at 8:51 PM

Love the Lake, but not really the sculptures. Like you, I think the Duck is the best!

• magor65's Profile Photo
    Apr 17, 2012 at 8:01 AM

We are going to visit Umbria in July and we'll stay in a little village next to the Lago Trasimeno. I see you enjoyed exploring the places along the lake, so it's a good recommendation.

• hunterV's Profile Photo
    Mar 23, 2010 at 11:06 PM

Hello, Ingrid! Thanks for your interesting page! ><><><

• mircaskirca's Profile Photo
    Mar 18, 2010 at 8:10 AM

The area around the lake seems so very serene. Just to walk or sit along its shore must be very relaxing. Oh, and that sculpture... quite unusual. I've never seen sculpture in the lake before :)

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    Oct 3, 2009 at 4:43 AM

Hi Ingrid, I like your tips on this beautiful lake with all its history. I must admit that I had never heard of Giovanni da Pian del Carpine -- an early traveler to Central Asia and author of the book that Marco Polo had with him when he went exploring!

• toonsarah's Profile Photo
    Apr 19, 2009 at 12:29 PM

What a lovely lake and what interesting tips about the area around it too :-) I confess my classical history is less well-remembered than yours, so this was an unexpected gem for me!

• Bwana_Brown's Profile Photo
    Mar 24, 2009 at 11:45 AM

I never knew there was such a beautiful lake located in the middle of Italy! An no wonder you stopped at the sight of those old ruins with the picturesque pine trees - an amazing sight! Great tips as usual Ingrid.

• christine.j's Profile Photo
    Mar 3, 2009 at 5:25 AM

A "magic" castle and strange sculptures - sounds like the beginning of a fairy tale.

• richiecdisc's Profile Photo
    Mar 1, 2009 at 5:14 AM

I see you've kept busy in my absence, Ingrid. Looks like a beautiful getaway and we sure could use one right now.

Trekki

“Don't spend your life playing the role that others have chosen for you ;-)”

Badges & Stats in Lago Trasimeno

Have you been to Lago Trasimeno?