Torres del Paine Things to Do Tips by Trekki Top 5 Page for this destination
Torres del Paine Things to Do: 30 reviews and 101 photos
Torres del Paine
Torres del Paine are the granite peak formation which gave the PN it's name. A bit they resemble the "Drei Zinnen" in Northern Italy.
The hike there is more or less easy, will take approx. 6 hrs (round). You start at the Hosteria Las Torres (northeastern in the park), turn right hand at the little signpost (the left hand way leads to the famous "W"). The path continues uphill, through nice heath covered area. When you arrived on the ridge, don't miss to look back for a magnificent view on Lago Sarmiento. Continue the path, you pass Albergue El Chileno, then a campsite, and finally arrive at the base of the moraine for the TDP lookout. Take care when climbing up - walking sticks are highly recommended !!
Address: Parque Nacional Torres del Paine
Directions: From PN TDP entrance at Laguna Amarga, you can either walk to Hosteria Las Torres (stay there or camp), or you take the shuttle bus (2 USD p.p.)
More Reviews (17)
- Be careful when hiking (use hiking...
- See All Suspension bridge to Torres del Paine...
- Busstop from P.Natales to Torres del...
Trekki's Related Pages
Torres del Paine Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Torres del Paine - serenity in Patagonia"
- "Torres Del Paine"
- "Trekking in Torres Park"
- "The "W" hike in Torres del Paine National Park"
- "Entre Torres y Cuernos / Between Towers and Horns"
- "Torres del Paine - off the beaten track"
- "Storyin Torres del Paine"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Torres del Paine
- Hotels in Torres del Paine
- Transportation in Torres del Paine
- Warnings and Dangers in Torres del Paine
- See All...
Explore the World
- Moncton Hotels
- Fort Walton Beach
- Consolacion Hotels
- Colombo Hotels
- Vernazza Hotels
- Traverse City
Badges & Stats in Torres del Paine
- 18 Reviews
- 55 Photos
- 4 Forum posts
- 54 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (77)
Have you been to Torres del Paine?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Torres del Paine
- Posted in Travel Bad Homburg vor der Höhe Forum "Re: Books on Bad Homburg"
- updated a Torres del Paine Travel Page "Torres del Paine - serenity in Patagonia"
- Commented on one of willy_wonka's Torres del Paine travel pages
- Uploaded a Photo to "Lichen "garden""
- Wrote a Review Be careful when hiking (use hiking poles) in Torres del Paine Warnings and Dangers
Photos in Torres del PaineSee All Photos (55)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Venice Intro, 118 reviews, 473 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Italy Intro, 108 reviews, 401 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marburg an der Lahn Intro, 90 reviews, 407 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gubbio Intro, 80 reviews, 330 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Land Rheinland-Pfalz Intro, 78 reviews, 295 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Speyer Intro, 57 reviews, 280 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Umbria Intro, 60 reviews, 264 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Darmstadt Intro, 62 reviews, 229 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Germany Intro, 82 reviews, 191 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bavaria Intro, 49 reviews, 198 photos, 2 travelogues
FriendsSee All Friends (168)
Latest Torres del Paine hotel reviews