Fitz Roy Hotel Tips by Trekki
Fitz Roy Hotels: 8 reviews and 9 photos
Camping at Laguna Capri
There are 2 campgrounds with view of Fitz Roy mountain. The one closer to the mountain is quite popular and crowded, whereas Laguna Capri campground is more quiet and a perfect place to relax and even have a better view on the mountain itself.
Unique Qualities: By now, there is a toilet installed (sithouse), nothing else.
Please be careful when cleaning the dishes, as usual min 50 m away from the water (the laguna).
Address: Laguna Capri
Directions: leave El Chalten north of town, direction Fitz Roy mountain and Laguna Capri
Among all the growing tourism accomodations in El Chaltén (Home of Fitz Roy and Cerro Torre), this place will always be my favourite.
Windshield camping spaces, free hot water showers, free use of washing machine - and the best and most coziest restaurant down in the south.
Further remark (thanks Mark for reminding me to precise that one):
usually, the area around Fitz Roy is known for extreme wind.
This Ruca Mahuida campground is located behind the restaurant / house, and so set between the house and a little hill. They also have a lot of trees and bigger bushes, so there is always a possibility to pitch the tent between the bushes, thus really granting windshield camping :-)
The clothesline then can be fixed between trees in the more windy areas, thus granting quick drying.
Unique Qualities: The owners are german & rumanian couple, he organizes trips around Fitz Roy and Cerro Torre (Patagonian Ice Cap).
Address: El Chaltén, Argentina
Comparison: about average
Price: less than US$20
Fitz Roy - at Laguna Capri
This would be the view from Laguna Capri's Campground to Fitz Roy mountain :-)
More Reviews (10)
- See All Hike to mirador Cerro Torre (CT...
- See All Apporaching El Chalten
- See All Sunset - and a good cup of hot tea :-)
Trekki's Related Pages
Fitz Roy Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "El Chaltén - Home of Fitz Roy and Cerro Torre"
- "The most beautiful place in Argentina"
- "Photo Journal of The Fitz Roy Range Los Glaciers"
- "I can reach highest mountains..."
- "FITZ ROY"
- "Mountains & autumn foliage in El Chalten Argentina"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Fitz Roy
- Hotels in Fitz Roy
- Transportation in Fitz Roy
- Nightlife in Fitz Roy
- Restaurants in Fitz Roy
- Warnings and Dangers in Fitz Roy
- See All...
Explore the World
- Hotel Bloom Venice
- Gapview Resort
- Pawleys Plantation Golf & Country Club
- Talbot Wexford
- Hotel Falken
- Settimo Cielo
- The Lodge At Ocean Hammock
- Hotel Pas De Calais
- Ye Hostelrie Hotel
- Hotel Salammbo
- Marina Del Rey Hotel
- Omena Hotel Tampere
- Pension Josefa
- Extendedstay Albany Capital
Badges & Stats in Fitz Roy
- 13 Reviews
- 23 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 31 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (68)
Have you been to Fitz Roy?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Fitz Roy
- Posted in Travel Italy Forum "Re: Where to go besides the..."
- Commented on one of barryg23's Fitz Roy travel pages
- Wrote a Review Hike to mirador Cerro Torre (CT viewpoint) in Fitz Roy Things to Do
- Uploaded a Photo to "Camping at the base of Fitz Roy"
- created a Fitz Roy Travelogue "Fascinating Cerro Fitz Roy"
Photos in Fitz RoySee All Photos (23)
Read real reviews about Fitz Roy Hotels!
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Venice Intro, 118 reviews, 473 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Italy Intro, 108 reviews, 398 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marburg an der Lahn Intro, 90 reviews, 407 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gubbio Intro, 80 reviews, 330 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Land Rheinland-Pfalz Intro, 77 reviews, 293 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Speyer Intro, 55 reviews, 271 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Umbria Intro, 60 reviews, 264 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Darmstadt Intro, 62 reviews, 240 photos, 21 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Germany Intro, 81 reviews, 190 photos, 9 travelogues
- London Intro, 40 reviews, 202 photos, 6 travelogues