"El Chaltén - Home of Fitz Roy and Cerro Torre" Fitz Roy by Trekki
Fitz Roy Travel Guide: 54 reviews and 156 photos
Ok, it seems, El Chaltén is not possible to choose as location, so it's Fitz Roy and the area around it.
For me, Fitz Roy will always be the New Year Mountain, as by now, I have spend 3 of my New Year's Eves there.
There is no better place where you can celebrate this with enough tea and millions od stars :-)
Sometimes, the wind becomes quite strong - such as here, at Laguna Capri during a nice "little" storm.
and after that - a tremendous sunset.....
The continuously changing weather is what makes Patagonia also. And if you ever have seen the light just before sunset - how it illuminates everything, how colors burn - you'll never want to leave the place.
- Pros:wonderful thrilling nature
- Cons:a bit overcrowded by now, mainly in December/January
- In a nutshell:magic
You can easily hike to the mirador Cerro Torre, if you leave El Chalten to the north, passing Camping Ruca Mahudia, and... more travel advice
There are 2 campgrounds with view of Fitz Roy mountain. The one closer to the mountain is quite popular and crowded,... more travel advice
Trekki's Related Pages
Fitz Roy Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "El Chaltén - Home of Fitz Roy and Cerro Torre"
- "The most beautiful place in Argentina"
- "Photo Journal of The Fitz Roy Range Los Glaciers"
- "I can reach highest mountains..."
- "FITZ ROY"
- "Mountains & autumn foliage in El Chalten Argentina"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Fitz Roy
- Hotels in Fitz Roy
- Transportation in Fitz Roy
- Nightlife in Fitz Roy
- Restaurants in Fitz Roy
- Warnings and Dangers in Fitz Roy
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Fitz Roy
- 13 Reviews
- 23 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 31 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (78)
Have you been to Fitz Roy?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Fitz Roy
- Posted in Technical Help Forum "The new google maps - how to set..."
- Commented on one of barryg23's Fitz Roy travel pages
- Wrote a Review Hike to mirador Cerro Torre (CT viewpoint) in Fitz Roy Things to Do
- Uploaded a Photo to "Camping at the base of Fitz Roy"
- created a Fitz Roy Travelogue "Fascinating Cerro Fitz Roy"
Photos in Fitz RoySee All Photos (23)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Venice Intro, 118 reviews, 473 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Italy Intro, 108 reviews, 401 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marburg an der Lahn Intro, 90 reviews, 407 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gubbio Intro, 80 reviews, 330 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Land Rheinland-Pfalz Intro, 78 reviews, 295 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Speyer Intro, 58 reviews, 281 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Umbria Intro, 60 reviews, 264 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Darmstadt Intro, 62 reviews, 229 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Germany Intro, 83 reviews, 192 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bavaria Intro, 50 reviews, 199 photos, 2 travelogues