"Buchara - Silk Road Beauty Conserved Forever :-)" Top 5 Page for this destination Bukhara by Trekki
Bukhara Travel Guide: 381 reviews and 1,014 photos
Update: May 30, 2007:
I removed one photo (of Bukhara's hauz system in the past), which was not taken with my camera (and by me).
After Khiva, Buchara was the second Uzbek city I visited during my summer vacation 2006. When reading all the books and other sources I often found that it has the epithet "The Noble", and yes, for me it was the highlight of Uzbekistan. It is small, full of life, full of beautiful buildings, parks, street vendors, bazaars, a delicious smell is in the air and the light just paints incredible marvellous colours all around in the town.
Here now I would like to show you "my Bukhara", the way I saw it and visited it.
Well, when I finished writing of course.
In the meantime, and generally, please read what Leyle of the WanderingCamels wrote about Bukhara . She was the one who “brought” me to Uzbekistan and Bukhara with what she wrote here on VT.
- Pros:Beautiful Uzbek city with old Silk Road atmosphere all over
- Cons:It gets HOT in summer - try to avoid travelling in summer if you are not made for bloody heat :-)
- In a nutshell:Charming people - beauty - history - marvellous monuments !
A special place for shopping or just looking around and immerse into the daily life of a city are bazaars. Looking back... more travel advice
Some websites will give you further reading and information. Some are of travel agencies, but they still have a lot of... more travel advice
- Travel light and bring activated carbon...
- Get to and from Samarkand, Khiva,...
- Just the same tourist traps as...
- See All There are no warning signs !
- See All Covered bazaars – not only for shopping...
Trekki's Related Pages
Bukhara Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Bukhara the Noble,"
- "Buchara - Silk Road Beauty Conserved Forever :-)"
- "… the beauty of the Spirit"
- "Bukhara - The Noble"
- "This city takes your breath away..."
- "Buhkara & the Holy Trade"
- "The Holy City at the Silk Road"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Bukhara
- Hotels in Bukhara
- Transportation in Bukhara
- Nightlife in Bukhara
- Restaurants in Bukhara
- Shopping in Bukhara
- Warnings and Dangers in Bukhara
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Bukhara
- 38 Reviews
- 144 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 37 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (83)
Have you been to Bukhara?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Bukhara
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: Latest updates for 2014 and..."
- Commented on one of TheWanderingCamel's Bukhara travel pages
- updated a Bukhara Travel Page "Buchara - Silk Road Beauty Conserved Forever :-)"
- Wrote a Review Opening hours, and “how much does it cost” in Bukhara Favorites
- Uploaded a Photo to "Marvellous Mir-i-Arab Medressa"
Photos in BukharaSee All Photos (144)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Venice Intro, 118 reviews, 473 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marburg an der Lahn Intro, 94 reviews, 425 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Italy Intro, 108 reviews, 402 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gubbio Intro, 80 reviews, 404 photos, 15 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Land Rheinland-Pfalz Intro, 80 reviews, 305 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Speyer Intro, 58 reviews, 281 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Umbria Intro, 60 reviews, 264 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Darmstadt Intro, 63 reviews, 234 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Germany Intro, 83 reviews, 192 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bologna Intro, 48 reviews, 222 photos, 9 travelogues