"Buchara - Silk Road Beauty Conserved Forever :-)" Top 5 Page for this destination Bukhara by Trekki

Bukhara Travel Guide: 374 reviews and 986 photos

Update: May 30, 2007:
I removed one photo (of Bukhara's hauz system in the past), which was not taken with my camera (and by me).

After Khiva, Buchara was the second Uzbek city I visited during my summer vacation 2006. When reading all the books and other sources I often found that it has the epithet "The Noble", and yes, for me it was the highlight of Uzbekistan. It is small, full of life, full of beautiful buildings, parks, street vendors, bazaars, a delicious smell is in the air and the light just paints incredible marvellous colours all around in the town.

Here now I would like to show you "my Bukhara", the way I saw it and visited it.
Well, when I finished writing of course.

In the meantime, and generally, please read what Leyle of the WanderingCamels wrote about Bukhara . She was the one who “brought” me to Uzbekistan and Bukhara with what she wrote here on VT.

• Pros:Beautiful Uzbek city with old Silk Road atmosphere all over
  • Cons:It gets HOT in summer - try to avoid travelling in summer if you are not made for bloody heat :-)
  • In a nutshell:Charming people - beauty - history - marvellous monuments !
  • Last visit to Bukhara: Jul 2006
  • Intro Updated May 30, 2007

• Jul 11, 2011 at 10:57 PM

just trying to calm myself down with some reflections of uzbekistan. your photos are inspiring me, and making this day at work this little more bearable. lol

• BruceDunning's Profile Photo
    Oct 6, 2010 at 3:12 PM

You again have so aptly described the culture and sites for this famous city. I read of some of the people and culture lately and find it fascinating. Great job.

• deecat's Profile Photo
    Jan 9, 2010 at 7:59 AM

Ingrid, you astound me! Your pages are works of art, mixing remarkable photographs with precise, well chosen words. You create in our mind's eye an unforgettable experience. I salute you and thank you for your hard work, passion, and love of travel.

• lynnehamman's Profile Photo
    Oct 28, 2009 at 6:32 AM

OMG I could spend a month here- looking at this exquisite Islamic architecture. Leyle sent me a postcard of ChorMinor. Wonderful tips,dear Ingrid. And as always- amazing pictures. I will return here to finish my tour.

• evaanna's Profile Photo
    Aug 16, 2009 at 9:23 AM

Excellent page on a wonderful city! Loved the colourful architecture with its intricate ornaments. Your pictures are just gorgeous! I'd probably hate the heat and fear the mighty Montezuma.:)

• ashwini62's Profile Photo
    Mar 10, 2009 at 1:55 PM

Greetings from Virginia, i liked your page on Bukhara! Ashwini

• iandsmith's Profile Photo
    Dec 8, 2008 at 10:30 PM

Awesome stuff. Hope this finds you well, cheers.

• Jim_Eliason's Profile Photo
    Aug 17, 2008 at 9:40 AM

Fantastic tips!

• sachara's Profile Photo
    Jun 17, 2008 at 1:56 PM

Ingrid, thank you to refresh my memories by your interesting and informative page. And also to show all the things which were not there yet in 1986. Within 3 weeks I am on my way !

• xaver's Profile Photo
    Jun 16, 2008 at 2:53 AM

I like the story of the way you found the old mosque, that's absolutely the best way to visit a city.

Trekki

“Don't spend your life playing the role that others have chosen for you ;-)”

Badges & Stats in Bukhara

Have you been to Bukhara?