Khiva Transportation Tips by Trekki Top 5 Page for this destination
Khiva Transportation: 7 reviews and 5 photos
Beeline - only 30 km - Urgench - Khiva
Khiva is located far off the other Silk Road cities, so you might like to fly out there. Uzbekistan Airways has 2 daily flights to Urgench, which has the closest airport to Khiva.
I took a one-way flight and paid 64.000 sum.
As soon as you get off the plane in Urgench, you will be brought "outside" of the terminal to wait for your luggage. Be aware that as everywhere else in Uzbekistan, a crowd of taxi drivers, which will offer you your service, will surround you. It should not cost more than 8 USD (taxis are mostly paid in USD and not so much in sum). But make sure, you have the price written down by the taxi driver, and make sure that he also writes down that it is for your whole travel party (see my tip on taxi drivers in Uzbekistan).
The trip to Khiva will take roughly 30 minutes, and you will drive through the fertile land (remember, Amu Darja river is irrigating the land here) and see some of Uzbekistan's famous cotton fields, their "white gold".
Coordinates on GoogleEarth (Urgench Airport):
More Reviews (30)
- See All Khiva – and visiting Ichon Q'ala
- If you think you need to shop in Khiva..
- Travel light !
- No warnings or dangers in Khiva !
- Simply be prepared (not a real trap)
- Well, nightlife the Khiva way
- Hotel Islambek – nice, central and clean
- See All Khiva’s landmarks – 3 colorful minaretts
- See All Chaikhana Zarafshon – the best of all
- See All Exquisite tile work – don’t miss to...
- Watch out for all the smaller minaretts
Been to Khiva?Share your travels with the world!
Trekki's Related Pages
Khiva Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Khiva - Fairy Tale of 1001 Nights"
- "Where time stood still"
- "City frozen in time"
- "Khiva - an open air museum"
- "Lost in romantic imagination for a renegade city"
- "Wellcome to Khiva!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Khiva
- Hotels in Khiva
- Transportation in Khiva
- Nightlife in Khiva
- Restaurants in Khiva
- Shopping in Khiva
- Warnings and Dangers in Khiva
- See All...
Explore the World
- Golden Sands Hotels
- Berkovitsa Hotels
- Eidsdal Hotels
- Valentine National Wildlife Refuge Hotels
- Villanueva de la Concepción
Badges & Stats in Khiva
- 31 Reviews
- 114 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 35 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (68)
Have you been to Khiva?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Khiva
- Posted in Travel Italy Forum "Re: Where to go besides the..."
- Commented on one of TheWanderingCamel's Khiva travel pages
- Uploaded a Photo to "Take the plane – Urgench is near"
- updated a Khiva Travelogue "Pictures of Ko'xna Ark details"
- Wrote a Review Khiva – and visiting Ichon Q'ala in Khiva Favorites
Photos in KhivaSee All Photos (114)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Venice Intro, 118 reviews, 473 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Italy Intro, 108 reviews, 398 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marburg an der Lahn Intro, 90 reviews, 407 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gubbio Intro, 80 reviews, 330 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Land Rheinland-Pfalz Intro, 77 reviews, 293 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Speyer Intro, 55 reviews, 271 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Umbria Intro, 60 reviews, 264 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Darmstadt Intro, 62 reviews, 240 photos, 21 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Germany Intro, 81 reviews, 190 photos, 9 travelogues
- London Intro, 40 reviews, 202 photos, 6 travelogues
FriendsSee All Friends (136)
Latest Khiva hotel reviews
- Hotel Islambek
- 11 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 4, 2013