Tashkent Transportation Tips by Trekki Top 5 Page for this destination
Tashkent Transportation: 27 reviews and 33 photos
Tashkent International Airport
Tashkent’s airport is located south of town, approx. 4 km off the city centre (Timur park). It is divided into national (east) and international (west) parts. Both don’t have very much of shopping or restaurant option (or I was too blind to find them), so be prepared.
The shopping possibilities are not much more than small kiosks, but you get water, soft drinks, cigarettes and some overpriced souvenirs. I did not see a duty free shop, although the map lists one.
Restaurants are mor of snack bars with sandwiches and sweets and the hard stuff of course (vodka, lol).
Usbekistan Airways has several international, national and CIS flights – all info see weblinks below:
Uzbekistan Airways International Flights
Uzbekistan Airways National Flights
Uzbekistan Airways CIS Flights
Map of Arrival Hall of Tashkent Airport
Map of Departure Hall of Tashkent Airport
Tashkent's metro signals
Tashkent has the only metro in Central Asia. And it is not only an efficient way to get around in town, but does also beautiful artwork in each station.
You have the choice between 3 lines: Chilonzor (red line, southwest to northeast), Uzbekistan (blue line, northwest to southeast), Yunusobod (green line; north-south), which do bring you to almost every point of interest. Most of the stations are huge, mainly the ones at the crossings. Note that the crossings’ stations do have different names, depending on the line. But the color code makes it easy to identify where to get off or where to go next. Names are all in Uzbek (not in Russian). Best you print out a map of the lines (see weblink below). I tried to get a map at the stations, but wasn’t successful. I don’t think it was because of my hardly existing command of Uzbek or Russian – they just don’t have that many plans to hand out.
Connections are quick, cars are very clean and trains run each 10 minutes in all directions.
One serious warning though: it is very much attempting to take pictures, but it is forbidden ! Policemen are everywhere, and you might face serious discussions and a fine if they catch you while photographing.
Prices per ticket are 160 som (no matter how far you travel and how often you change trains, as long as you stay below surface).
More Reviews (35)
- Pack light
- See All Further reading (websites)
- See All Weddings – and the blowers
- Countless shopping possibilities
- See All Don’t believe anything without proof
Trekki's Related Pages
Tashkent Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Tashkent - full of life, color and so much charm"
- "A city rebuilt"
- "Capital of Uzbekistan"
- "A soviet-styled capital hiding some true charm"
- "Old world meets Russia"
- "Random pictures of Tashkent (1)"
- ""Stone Fortress": Uzbekistan's modern capital"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Tashkent
- Hotels in Tashkent
- Transportation in Tashkent
- Nightlife in Tashkent
- Restaurants in Tashkent
- Shopping in Tashkent
- Warnings and Dangers in Tashkent
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Tashkent
- 37 Reviews
- 121 Photos
- 3 Forum posts
- 39 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (153)
Have you been to Tashkent?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Tashkent
- Posted in Travel Umbria Forum "Re: Day trips from Spoleto"
- Commented on one of Trekki's Tashkent tips
- updated a Tashkent Travel Page "Tashkent - full of life, color and so much charm"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Tashkent - full of life, color and so much charm"
- Wrote a Review Pack light in Tashkent What to Pack
Photos in TashkentSee All Photos (121)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Venice Intro, 119 reviews, 464 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marburg an der Lahn Intro, 96 reviews, 434 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Italy Intro, 108 reviews, 402 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gubbio Intro, 80 reviews, 404 photos, 15 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Land Rheinland-Pfalz Intro, 82 reviews, 321 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Speyer Intro, 59 reviews, 286 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Umbria Intro, 60 reviews, 264 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Darmstadt Intro, 63 reviews, 234 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Germany Intro, 85 reviews, 210 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bologna Intro, 48 reviews, 222 photos, 9 travelogues