"Wissembourg - lovely gem of L'Alsace" Top 5 Page for this destination Wissembourg by Trekki
Wissembourg Travel Guide: 77 reviews and 361 photos
Wissembourg is a small village, situated in the very north of L'Alsace, where the French-German border runs east-west.
It is very tiny, but has a beautiful old center with lots of half-timbered houses and the typical flower decoration of L'Alsace. And of course I should not to forget to mention the heavenly Alsacienne cuisine available everywhere.
In my pre-VT days, I was here very often, mainly for shopping - something of high importance for some Germans which feel in food diaspora in their hometowns - the supermarchées have such a lovely and mouthwatering seleciton of fine French food.
But.... no pictures from these days, and - what a shame - I also missed to visit the old town.
Just recently I took Brazilian colleagues on a trip through southeastern Palatine and northern L'Alsace, and we ended up here for dinner :-) We arrived quite late and were starving, so we did not do a lot of sightseeing stops, just raced to the best looking restaurant that served said Tarte Flambée.
But, as it is quite close from where I live now, I'll be here more often on weekends, and maybe even spend some days of vacation here, biking, relaxing, loading up batteries and... well of course, eat heavenly food.
Well, for me, this would be more of a thing-to-do-thing, but..... who am I to set the standards here :-) If you are in... more travel advice
If you are visiting Wissembourg or somewhere in the northern L'Alsace, and if you are interested in pottery, make sure,... more travel advice
Trekki's Related Pages
Wissembourg Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "WISSEMBOURG - WELCOME TO THE ALSACE"
- "Welcome to WISSEMBOURG"
- "Wissembourg - lovely gem of L'Alsace"
- "Bienvenue à Wissembourg!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Wissembourg
- Hotels in Wissembourg
- Transportation in Wissembourg
- Restaurants in Wissembourg
- Shopping in Wissembourg
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Wissembourg
- 4 Reviews
- 15 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 20 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (77)
Have you been to Wissembourg?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Wissembourg
- Posted in Travel Garmisch-Partenkirchen Forum "Re: Small children to entertain!!"
- Commented on one of Trekki's Wissembourg tips
- updated a Wissembourg Travel Page "Wissembourg - lovely gem of L'Alsace"
- Wrote a Review Visit Chateau Fleckenstein in Wissembourg Off The Beaten Path
- Uploaded a Photo to "Stroll through the old town"
Photos in WissembourgSee All Photos (15)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Venice Intro, 118 reviews, 473 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marburg an der Lahn Intro, 93 reviews, 421 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Italy Intro, 108 reviews, 401 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gubbio Intro, 80 reviews, 404 photos, 15 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Land Rheinland-Pfalz Intro, 78 reviews, 295 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Speyer Intro, 58 reviews, 281 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Umbria Intro, 60 reviews, 264 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Darmstadt Intro, 63 reviews, 234 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Germany Intro, 83 reviews, 192 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bavaria Intro, 50 reviews, 199 photos, 2 travelogues