"Bad Kreuznach, lovely setting & marvellous hiking" Top 5 Page for this destination Bad Kreuznach by Trekki

Bad Kreuznach Travel Guide: 45 reviews and 125 photos

I will be back :-)

Bad Kreuznach is one of the three famous spa towns along Nahe river. It was very famous in the past, already since Roman days, but it regained reputation over the last years, mainly because the city officials really take care about the city and what they offer to the health treatment seeking visitors and travellers alike.

I was here quite often as a kid, and also remember to have had one of these “kiddies must go through hell before they learn” experiences when I was eating too much ice cream in a hot summer and afterwards….. caught a sunstroke at the top of the castle ruin in nearby bad Münster am Stein during a school trip. But only recently I have decided that it is time to revisit and I was amazed how beautiful the city and region is. Nearby “Rheinhessische Schweiz” offers unlimited hiking in lovely dreamy valleys in forests or through vineyards. Bad Kreuznach and nearby Bad Münster am Stein are famous for any kind of spa treatment and healthy air with the many salt graduation towers, in fact the biggest and longest ones in Europe.
It was fun to visit, even if I was only there for three hours. But I will come back, because I cannot wait to cycle along Nahe river and to hike around in these lovely set vinyards. And of course hike up to that castle and laugh in memeory of my childhood “incident”

Thank you Christine(j) for reminding me that Bad Kreuznach helds the so-called "Rheinland Pfalz Tag" July 3-5, this year. This is a special annual festaival of state Rheinland Pfalz which is being held in another city each year. It was initiated in 1984 and is meant to bring all different regions within the state together, where the organising city is displaying its regional specialities in terms of art, habits, local customs and of course food.

More about this day in general and in special:
Rheinland Pfalz Tag in (German) Wikipedia,
Rheinland Pfalz Tag - 2009 in Bad Kreuznach

All pictures have been taken by me, if not marked otherwise.
Please do not use any of them without my permission.
The same applies for my writings here.
Thanks.

• Last visit to Bad Kreuznach: May 2009
  • Intro Updated Sep 22, 2013

• starship's Profile Photo
    Oct 9, 2013 at 9:57 AM

Nice page, Ingrid! This looks like such a lovely area. Love the bridge houses and the "Ajax Tower". I would love to visit one of Germany's "bad" villages sometime. Seems like I've been ill so often this year that I could really use a spa visit!! Especially one with hot springs!

• Trekki's Profile Photo
      Oct 9, 2013 at 10:00 AM

Hello hello dear Sylvia :-)) Thank you so much for having visited Bad Kreuznach :-) Well, wait until I will write about all the "Bad" villages in southern Bavaria - you would adore these!! Currently there and ... it is fantastic!!

• ettiewyn's Profile Photo
    Apr 9, 2012 at 12:16 AM

Another wonderful page! I especially love the pictures of the trullo, and of course Ajax Tower with the statue of the dog :-)
    It is such a beautiful region and the architecture looks so pretty, no wonder my grandparents loved it there :-))

• Maryimelda's Profile Photo
    May 10, 2011 at 10:01 PM

I certainly would like Bad Kreuznach. The wisteria is really pretty and of course I love the bridge.

• balhannah's Profile Photo
    Feb 15, 2011 at 8:53 PM

Wow! A nice page on a lovely town and area! I feel a change of plan coming on!

• JLBG's Profile Photo
    Mar 25, 2010 at 1:52 PM

Great views of the bridge. Radon tunnel! That is amazing, given the health hazards from radon! "safe amounts of the radioactive gas radon"... I doubt very much about that and would not try it! I have more confidence in graduation towers.

• mtncorg's Profile Photo
    Jul 28, 2009 at 5:13 AM

BK is a nice place. I suggest your next visit here for the Jahrmarkt, but stay the night as after spending some time sampling the area's wines in the big tent, you won't want to drive anywhere:-]

• Kuznetsov_Sergey's Profile Photo
    Jul 9, 2009 at 12:02 PM

What the lovely houses on the little bridge across Mühlenteich! It's a pity only three of them left. We can only imagine how they looked when there were seven and when the old town consisted of such buildings! Thanks Ingrid for another brilliant page!

• scottishvisitor's Profile Photo
    Jun 19, 2009 at 2:00 PM

I agree with Don :) nothing 'Bad' here!! Very colourful and relaxing! I did like the old houses & feel after I visit the heat of Abu Dhabi your Spa town would be most refreshing!

• deecat's Profile Photo
    Jun 19, 2009 at 7:59 AM

Lovely pages, Ingrid. Loved the homes with Wisteria! What an interesting tip about the trulli houses...Also enjoyed the Ajax Turm. I, too, find the Bridge Houses amazing. Learned about the Salt Graduation Towers..a wealth of information.

• yumyum's Profile Photo
    Jun 16, 2009 at 10:31 AM

What an interesting area this "Switzerland" is! I've heard about Trullis before, but they do look funny :)

Trekki

“Don't spend your life playing the role that others have chosen for you ;-)”

Badges & Stats in Bad Kreuznach

Have you been to Bad Kreuznach?