"Bad Kreuznach, lovely setting & marvellous hiking" Top 5 Page for this destination Bad Kreuznach by Trekki
Bad Kreuznach Travel Guide: 45 reviews and 125 photos
Bad Kreuznach is one of the three famous spa towns along Nahe river. It was very famous in the past, already since Roman days, but it regained reputation over the last years, mainly because the city officials really take care about the city and what they offer to the health treatment seeking visitors and travellers alike.
I was here quite often as a kid, and also remember to have had one of these “kiddies must go through hell before they learn” experiences when I was eating too much ice cream in a hot summer and afterwards….. caught a sunstroke at the top of the castle ruin in nearby bad Münster am Stein during a school trip. But only recently I have decided that it is time to revisit and I was amazed how beautiful the city and region is. Nearby “Rheinhessische Schweiz” offers unlimited hiking in lovely dreamy valleys in forests or through vineyards. Bad Kreuznach and nearby Bad Münster am Stein are famous for any kind of spa treatment and healthy air with the many salt graduation towers, in fact the biggest and longest ones in Europe.
It was fun to visit, even if I was only there for three hours. But I will come back, because I cannot wait to cycle along Nahe river and to hike around in these lovely set vinyards. And of course hike up to that castle and laugh in memeory of my childhood “incident”
Thank you Christine(j) for reminding me that Bad Kreuznach helds the so-called "Rheinland Pfalz Tag" July 3-5, this year. This is a special annual festaival of state Rheinland Pfalz which is being held in another city each year. It was initiated in 1984 and is meant to bring all different regions within the state together, where the organising city is displaying its regional specialities in terms of art, habits, local customs and of course food.
More about this day in general and in special:
Rheinland Pfalz Tag in (German) Wikipedia,
Rheinland Pfalz Tag - 2009 in Bad Kreuznach
All pictures have been taken by me, if not marked otherwise.
Please do not use any of them without my permission.
The same applies for my writings here.
Even if you won’t spend much time in Bad Kreuznach (like I did with only three hours in May 2009), you cannot help but... more travel advice
I can only highly recommend not only to visit the two spa towns while in the region, but also to spend some time... more travel advice
Trekki's Related Pages
Bad Kreuznach Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Bad Kreuznach, lovely setting & marvellous hiking"
- "BAD KREUZNACH - KUR TOWN FOR THE KAISER"
- "BAD KREUZNACH"
- "Bad Kreuznach, a spa town worth seeing"
- "The amazing 'Brueckenhauser'"
- "Ad Opticum - optician in one of the bridge houses"
- "Sleepy Bad Kreuznach"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Bad Kreuznach
- Hotels in Bad Kreuznach
- Transportation in Bad Kreuznach
- Restaurants in Bad Kreuznach
- Warnings and Dangers in Bad Kreuznach
- See All...
Explore the World
- South Africa
- Castel Gandolfo
- Hammam-Lif Hotels
- Frankfurt am Main
- Freiburg im Breisgau
- Manglisi Hotels
- Rapid City Hotels
- Kampong Bagan Ajam Hotels
- Deiva Marina
- San Antonio Abad
- Machu Picchu
- Coney Island
- Tughlakabad Hotels
- Sarkoy Hotels
- Estado de Baja California Norte
Badges & Stats in Bad Kreuznach
- 9 Reviews
- 34 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 19 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (77)
Have you been to Bad Kreuznach?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Bad Kreuznach
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: A newbie to VT"
- Commented on one of Trekki's Bad Kreuznach travel pages
- updated a Bad Kreuznach Travel Page "Bad Kreuznach, lovely setting & marvellous hiking"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Bad Kreuznach, lovely setting & marvellous hiking"
- Wrote a Review Extremely excellent tourist information in Bad Kreuznach Favorites
Photos in Bad KreuznachSee All Photos (34)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Venice Intro, 118 reviews, 473 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Italy Intro, 108 reviews, 401 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marburg an der Lahn Intro, 90 reviews, 407 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gubbio Intro, 80 reviews, 330 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Land Rheinland-Pfalz Intro, 78 reviews, 295 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Speyer Intro, 57 reviews, 280 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Umbria Intro, 60 reviews, 264 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Darmstadt Intro, 62 reviews, 229 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Germany Intro, 82 reviews, 191 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bavaria Intro, 49 reviews, 198 photos, 2 travelogues
FriendsSee All Friends (168)
Latest Bad Kreuznach hotel reviews
- Hotel am Holzmarkt
- 1 Review & Opinion