"Destination: Dumaguete" Dumaguete City by ayn_g
Dumaguete City Travel Guide: 215 reviews and 550 photos
Dumaguete is for people who are looking for diverse activities while on vacation. It is not just a university city or one of Dr. Jose Rizal's stopovers (Note: Dr. Rizal is the Philippines' national hero). It is laden with natural treasures -- falls, lakes, beaches, etc.
Day 1: June 6, Friday
7am ETD for Dumaguete (Terminal fee PHP 200)
815am ETA in Dumaguete (fare from Airport to Hibbard Ave. - 50)
check in Harold's Mansion Guest House (PHP 250/head, dorm type or the family fan room @ 668 + tax)
Hibbard Ave. Dumaguete City
Tel #: (035) 225-8000/422-4961
930am ETD for Sibulan
Twin Lakes of Balinsasayao
sa Balinsasayao na maglunch (packed lunch)
4pm head back to city
dinner @ Jo's inato.
Day 2: June 7, Saturday
7am - call time
- ETD for Malapatay (PHP 20)
- ETD for Apo island
PHP 1500/3 = PHP 500
150 - entrance per person
Day 3:June 9, Sunday
5am call time
6am Bais City (100)
Manjuyod Sand Bar (2,500/3= 840)
3pm ETD for Dumaguete City
430pm ETA Dumaguete City
6pm Ferry to Siquijor (montenegro lines, PHP 119/head)
8pm ETA in Larena port
8:30pm ETA in Sandugan, Islander's Paradise Beach Resort (PHP 650 a night, fan room, good for three) http://www.islandersparadisebeach.com/Aboutus.html
Day 4: Monday, June 9
7am call time
9am start Siquijor Tour on tricycle
- cangisok House in Enrique Villanueva
- Salagdoong Beach in Maria
- Church in Maria
- Lazi Convent and Church
- Cambugahay Falls
- 400-year-old Balete Tree
- Capilay Spring Park in San Juan
- Siquijor Church and Belfry
(if you have time, include Cantabon Cave and Mt Bandilaan)
7pm - back in Sandugan
Day 4: June 10, Tuesday
930am - ETD for Siquijor POrt
10am - Siquijor POrt
12nn - ETD on Delta Fast Craft to Dumaguete City (PHP 130/head + 15 Terminal fee)
1pm - ETA in Dumaguete
- lunch @ Cafe Antonio
- pasalubong bought at Sans Rival shop (must buy: Silvanas @ 95 and Bucayo @ 115)
2pm - Silliman Anthropology Museum visit
3pm - airport (20)
425pm - ETD for Manila
530pm - ETA Manila
Sibulan (15 minutes away from Dumaguete City) is home of the famous Twin Lakes of Balinsasayao -- Lakes Balinsasayao and Danao. There's a view deck where you can view the two lakes. The view deck is over 100 meters away from the entrance of the big lake (Lake Balinsasayao).
A 45-minute ferry ride from Malatapay market in Zamboanguita. Apo island is a divers' haven.
- Cons:diverse activities await tourists
- In a nutshell:not just silliman university
Their deli sandwiches -- their ham sandwich in french bread is only PHP 115 while their parma ham sandwich is PHP 150.... more travel advice
Take the bus to go to Bais City, where you can go on dolphin watching. The one-way fare per head is PHP 45, non-aircon.... more travel advice
ayn_g's Related Pages
Dumaguete City Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Dumaguete - City of Gentle People"
- "Went for a few days and spent five months!"
- "Melting Pot"
- "Dumaguete, indeed the City of Gentle People"
- "Dumaguete City as a Hometown"
- "A Tribute to the City of Gentle People"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Dumaguete City
- Hotels in Dumaguete City
- Transportation in Dumaguete City
- Nightlife in Dumaguete City
- Restaurants in Dumaguete City
- Shopping in Dumaguete City
- Warnings and Dangers in Dumaguete City
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Dumaguete City
- 8 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 3 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Dumaguete City?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Dumaguete City
Photos in Dumaguete CitySee All Photos (4)
Top 10 Pages
- Province of Siquijor Intro, 9 reviews, 11 photos, 1 travelogue
- El Nido Intro, 6 reviews, 10 photos
- Davao City Intro, 5 reviews, 10 photos
- Sagada Intro, 9 reviews, 5 photos, 1 travelogue
- Lucban Intro, 7 reviews, 7 photos, 1 travelogue
- Coron Island Intro, 7 reviews, 7 photos
- Iloilo City Intro, 10 reviews, 2 photos
- Dumaguete City Intro, 8 reviews, 4 photos, 1 travelogue
- Cagayan de Oro City Intro, 8 reviews
- Puerto Princesa Intro, 3 reviews, 5 photos