"Baldwin City Railroad Excursions" Baldwin City by nannyogg
Baldwin City Travel Guide: 29 reviews and 72 photos
My kids (Seph, age 6, Zury, age 4, and Brazilian exchange student Marcela, age 16) went to Baldwin City to ride the excursion train on the Midland Railroad. It was a wonderful experience as we got to ride in an open air caboose (there's closed cars if you prefer that) and just relaxed and watched the countryside roll by. Even my son, who seldom sits still, was mesmerized for the whole two hours! I thought it was a bit pricey at $15 for adults (over 12) and $7 for kids, but decided it was well worth every penny!
You get treated to a wide variety of Kansas scenery on the excursion- hay fields, soybeans, wetlands, a rock quarry, etc... We went in August and it was so lovely to see the butterflies dancing along the path, sometimes even landing on us!
This shot was taken as we pulled into the station in Baldwin City, at the end of our relaxing ride!
- Pros:It's a lovely city- lots of historical things to see.
- Cons:Off the beaten path.
- In a nutshell:Ride the railroad!
nannyogg's Related Pages
Baldwin City Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Lovely Small Community With Class"
- "Baldwin City, Kansas"
- "brdwtchr's new Baldwin City Page"
- "Baldwin City Railroad Excursions"
- "MAPLE LEAF FESTIVAL"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Baldwin City
- Nightlife in Baldwin City
- Restaurants in Baldwin City
- Warnings and Dangers in Baldwin City
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Baldwin City
- 1 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (1)
Have you been to Baldwin City?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Baldwin City
Top PagesSee All Travel Pages (3)
No friends yet.