"Brunei Darussalam - Abode of Peace" Brunei by SangAji
Brunei Travel Guide: 899 reviews and 3,593 photos
My first 'visit' to Brunei was some 50 odd years ago ...
greeted by bangkatans and siamangs in the mangroves swamp along Sungai Damuan ...
living in thatched huts with bamboo floorings, cooled by natural convection ...
when Seagulls and Vespas provided the main mode of river and road transport ...
and Rajah Brookes, Bolkiah, Sultan & Lela Menchanai provided the main sea transport ...
to Labuan and Jesselton then.
In my most recent visit I find myself surrounded by the ...
modern "trappings" of a concrete, prosperous and cooled life ....
thanks to the Empire, Merc & airconditioning!
Yet I still feel and sense the ...
pace and peace of ...
a serene & tranquil ...
Note : bangkatan has the largest nose, biggest belly, and longest tail amongst monkeys, and can be sighted from my sister's kitchen!
Earthlings have placed Brunei mostly somewhere in the Gulf ...
due to Brunei being a Muslim Monarchy rich in oil & gas
... or in the Indian Ocean
... Dar Es Salam in Tanzania
... Burundy in Central Africa
... Bhutan in the Himalayas
... Belize in Central America
... somewhere in China
... next to Hawaii
Getting to Brunei is easy ..
... either fly into Brunei International Airport @ Berakas via Royal Brunei Airlines www.bruneiair.com
or Anduki Airport in Seria operated by Brunei Shell Petroleum Co.
... ferry into Serasa from Labuan Island or Lawas in Sarawak
and soon? car ferry from Menumbok in Sabah to Serasa
... road thru Miri or Limbang in Sarawak
the guys in the pix came thru Brunei Bay and 'landed' at Serasa Beach!
- Pros:Peaceful & family-friendly
- Cons:It's gradually getting off-the-beaten path
- In a nutshell:Neither touristy nor non-touristy!
showing a collection of Brunei's royal regalias... including the crown, "golden cats", chariot, gifts galore etc.... more travel advice
you know it is durians season when the pavements and bus stop next to tamu kianggeh are full of durians... the... more travel advice
- See All Express Bus between Serasa Ferry...
- Cheapest local food in Brunei
- Royal Regalia
- Smile :-) You're on digital camera!!
SangAji's Related Pages
Brunei Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Bandar Seri Begawan"
- "Jalan jalan at Brunei Darussalam"
- "Oil Kingdom of Brunei"
- "Brunei Darussalam"
- "Brunei – the country that Oil built"
- "A land of Contrasts"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Brunei
- Hotels in Brunei
- Transportation in Brunei
- Nightlife in Brunei
- Restaurants in Brunei
- Shopping in Brunei
- Warnings and Dangers in Brunei
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Brunei
- 204 Reviews
- 1,453 Photos
- 123 Forum posts
- 16 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (10)
Have you been to Brunei?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Brunei
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: Collecting Postcards for my..."
- Commented on one of 4375's Brunei travel pages
- updated a Brunei Travel Page "Brunei Darussalam - Abode of Peace"
- Wrote a Review Express Bus between Serasa Ferry Terminal & BSB in Brunei Transportation
- Uploaded a Photo to "SOAS Mosque - Reflections"
- Uploaded a Video to Brunei
Photos in BruneiSee All Photos (1453)
Videos in BruneiSee All Videos (11)
Top 10 Pages
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 61 reviews, 317 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bandar Seri Begawan Intro, 52 reviews, 205 photos, 10 travelogues
- London Intro, 33 reviews, 133 photos, 4 travelogues
- Melaka Intro, 12 reviews, 140 photos, 10 travelogues
- Shanghai Intro, 51 reviews, 86 photos, 4 travelogues
- Kampong Jerudong Intro, 13 reviews, 121 photos, 10 travelogues
- Brunei Intro, 19 reviews, 110 photos, 10 travelogues
- Seria Intro, 20 reviews, 99 photos, 10 travelogues
- Kampong Serasa Intro, 25 reviews, 94 photos, 8 travelogues
- Belait Intro, 15 reviews, 96 photos, 10 travelogues