"Kimanis - fresh anchovies for nasi lemak" Kimanis by SangAji
Kimanis Travel Guide: 0 reviews and 3 photos
used to drive past Kimanis
now the folks have set-up road side stalls selling Kimanis primary produce
ie sun-dried fresh anchovies....
apart from belachan, a must for local cooking....
anchovies are sold from RM10 to 12 per kg, depending on sizes and quality ...
the same anchovies are sent to other towns like Papar and Sipitang, and sold at a few dollars more...
do not hesitate to bargain, as the vendors are also producers ie no middlemen....
lots of anchovies = lots of flies
and the Kimanis folks have devised an ingenious and no-cost fly trap...
made of pet bottles with a small opening in the middle
and a piece of foul-smelling fish gut placed at the opening to attract the flies
once inside bottle, flies get trapped and eventually drown
what to do with the dead flies?
however noted that there were still lots of flies around!
- Pros:fresh anchovies
- Cons:flies everywhere
- In a nutshell:where anchovies abound, flies dare!
SangAji's Related Pages
Kimanis Travel Guide
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Kimanis
- 0 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (22)
Have you been to Kimanis?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kimanis
Top 10 Pages
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 61 reviews, 317 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bandar Seri Begawan Intro, 52 reviews, 205 photos, 10 travelogues
- London Intro, 33 reviews, 133 photos, 4 travelogues
- Melaka Intro, 12 reviews, 140 photos, 10 travelogues
- Shanghai Intro, 51 reviews, 86 photos, 4 travelogues
- Kampong Jerudong Intro, 13 reviews, 121 photos, 10 travelogues
- Brunei Intro, 19 reviews, 110 photos, 10 travelogues
- Kampong Serasa Intro, 25 reviews, 94 photos, 8 travelogues
- Seria Intro, 20 reviews, 99 photos, 10 travelogues
- Belait Intro, 15 reviews, 96 photos, 10 travelogues