"County Cork" Top 5 Page for this destination County Cork by evaanna

County Cork Travel Guide: 1,265 reviews and 3,401 photos

County Cork is a great place to spend your holiday in. There are so many things to see and do here that choosing the most interesting ones can be quite difficult. I already have pages on Cork, including Blarney and Cobh, and Kinsale, all in County Cork, so they will not be discussed here. This page will only tell you about a most enjoyable trip we took with Bus Eireann in the west of the county, with a boat trip to Cape Clear Island.

One place that I am going to add here will be Macroom with its castle, which we only passed on this trip, but which I had visited on my previous trip to the Ring of Kerry. We had no time for it this time as the boat was waiting. As the weather was lovely most of the time, except some rain at first in Gougane Barra, we could enjoy the great scenery and I hope you will enjoy the pictures.

• Last visit to County Cork: Jul 2007
  • Intro Updated Jan 23, 2008

• balhannah's Profile Photo
    Oct 24, 2011 at 1:37 AM

Lovely page and photo's to match. It sounds like you really enjoyed your time here, I would too, it sounds great!

• magor65's Profile Photo
    Oct 16, 2009 at 11:48 AM

Your County Cork page makes me want to revisit Ireland as soon as possible. And of course Cape Clear island would be included in my itinerary.

• LoriPori's Profile Photo
    Jul 13, 2009 at 3:56 AM

Cape Clear Island indeed looks beautiful. Everything is so green. Sad to hear of the 1840's famine. Hard to imagine so many starving to death.

• starship's Profile Photo
    May 3, 2008 at 6:47 PM

Really wonderful page, Ewa! Great information and lovely pictures--and looks like you were blessed with mostly sunny days! This page definitely makes me want to visit Ireland & County Cork!

• Pawtuxet's Profile Photo
    Feb 24, 2008 at 8:27 AM

Great page. Your pics are so much better than my Ireland pics. Wish I had gotten to do so much of the coast and ferries as you did.

• scottishvisitor's Profile Photo
    Dec 2, 2007 at 2:13 PM

Stunning scenery Ewa = Cape Clear looks so very lovely! Ah the colours of Ireland remind me of my trips here & my homeland :0 ) they are very similar!

• Trekki's Profile Photo
    Nov 27, 2007 at 1:44 AM

What a wonderful picture you paint of Cork :-)) Makes me want to go there immediately :-) So green and with this just special atmosphere. St. Finbarr monastery is just the place for me, this is how I would imagine Ireland :-))

• globetrott's Profile Photo
    Nov 24, 2007 at 3:11 PM

great infos and lovely photographs bringing back great memories, thanks for sharing ! In this part of Ireland there are still some empty spots on my map !

• Bwana_Brown's Profile Photo
    Nov 16, 2007 at 5:17 PM

Ewa, what great memories of Ireland this page brought back! Sunny weather and enjoying coastal activities is hard to beat, especially with a destination like Cape Clear Island in sight!

• Ekaterinburg's Profile Photo
    Nov 16, 2007 at 2:19 PM

I'm glad you enjoyed Cape Clear so much Eva and really what you saw was the nicest part. Walking round the island you just see more of the same and the best views are from the points we spent most time in:))

evaanna

“The sky is blue everywhere.”

Badges & Stats in County Cork

Have you been to County Cork?

Latest Activity in County Cork