"The most beautiful part of Norway" Top 5 Page for this destination Sogn og Fjordane by evaanna
Sogn og Fjordane Travel Guide: 375 reviews and 1,211 photos
Sogn og Fjordane, which means Sogn and the fjords, is probably the most scenic county in Norway. Situated in the mid-west of Norway, it comprises the rugged coast of the North Sea with its myriads of islets, the wilderness of the mountains with their narrow winding roads and glaciers and, above all, the emerald fjords cutting deep into the land, with the second longest fjord in the world, the Sognefjord, among them. It's an area of great natural beauty, sparsely populated but endowed with all the qualities that civilisation has deprived us of, the closeness to nature, the clear unpolluted air, the awesome landscapes that delight the eye, the unparalleled peace and quiet which you can only savour when travelling individually.
We crossed that area a number of times and in different directions on our five tours of Norway and each journey was an experience of a lifetime, opening new vistas, delighting with its picturesque scenery, offering new experiences.
I have already described parts of those journeys on my Flam, Gudvangen and Undredal pages, but there are other places in Sogn of Fjordane that we visited but which have not been mentioned. On this page I am also going just to signal the things described on the other three pages in case you haven't read them. If you become interested, look up the other pages for more details and pictures.
Naeroyfjord is one of the narrowest navigable fjords in Norway. A round or at least one-way boat trip on it is an... more travel advice
If you visit Flam and go on the Naeroyfjord and the Flamsbana, there is one more attraction waiting for you there that... more travel advice
evaanna's Related Pages
Sogn og Fjordane Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The region with the longest fjord in the world"
- "The most beautiful part of Norway"
- "The true heart of Norway (arguably, anyway)"
- "Briksdal/ glacier , oktober."
- "A Fast Boat Through the Sognefjord"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Sogn og Fjordane
- Hotels in Sogn og Fjordane
- Transportation in Sogn og Fjordane
- Restaurants in Sogn og Fjordane
- Shopping in Sogn og Fjordane
- Warnings and Dangers in Sogn og Fjordane
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Sogn og Fjordane
- 43 Reviews
- 73 Photos
- 22 Forum posts
- 3 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (43)
Have you been to Sogn og Fjordane?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Sogn og Fjordane
- Posted in Travel Nowa Wies Forum "Re: Traveling to Poland in August"
- updated a Sogn og Fjordane Travel Page "The most beautiful part of Norway"
- Commented on one of anne_o_apple's Sogn og Fjordane travel pages
- Uploaded a Photo to "Boat trip on Naeroyfjord"
- Wrote a Review Boat trip on Naeroyfjord in Sogn og Fjordane Things to Do
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Warsaw Intro, 103 reviews, 347 photos, 10 travelogues
- Mazury Intro, 58 reviews, 270 photos, 8 travelogues
- Suwalki Intro, 34 reviews, 174 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vilnius Intro, 39 reviews, 144 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vysoke Tatry Intro, 43 reviews, 127 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cork Intro, 25 reviews, 115 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oxford Intro, 44 reviews, 84 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hel Intro, 28 reviews, 100 photos, 2 travelogues
- Lowicz Intro, 13 reviews, 105 photos, 5 travelogues
- Kuznica Intro, 20 reviews, 90 photos, 1 travelogue