Bukowina Tatrzanska Off The Beaten Path Tips by evaanna
Bukowina Tatrzanska Off The Beaten Path: 2 reviews and 6 photos
The Bialka Gorge is a real beauty spot with rocks overhanging the stone banks of the river, which seems to be teeming at this place. It's quite a popular place with tourists and local people but you won't find crowds there. You can have a picnic in the forest on the banks and wade in the icy cold water. I remember even swimming at a place where there is a cavern in the rock and the water is deep. I was young then and loved it but got a muscle cramp in my arm after a time and had to ask someone to give me a massage, haha. The area is a nature reserve but I've seen people climb the highest rocks, Oblazowa (670 m) and Kramnica (688 m).
The place is best accessed by car, but you can also take a bus to Bialka, get off past the church and walk on, bearing right at the forks. On the way, you can have a look at the river from the bridge on the road leading to Trybsz, but then walk on along the same road as before till you come to the rocks.
The Tatras from a mountain clearing
The mountain meadow in the picture is situated off the main road about half-way as you walk towards Glodowka on your right. The great view is completely hidden from the main road by the forest, so only those who know it take this dirt road and after just about 20 m - there it is: a marvellous panorama of the whole Tatra range, sometimes seeming to be so close, sometimes in the distance. To avoid the traffic on the way to Glodowka, you can walk along the dirt road amidst the forest, soon, however, you will get back to the main road again.
More Reviews (20)
- See All Come to ski in Bukowina
- See All The old wooden church
- See All Beautiful wooden houses in Zakopane...
- See All Something for everybody
evaanna's Related Pages
Bukowina Tatrzanska Travel Guide
- Things to Do in Bukowina Tatrzanska
- Transportation in Bukowina Tatrzanska
- Restaurants in Bukowina Tatrzanska
- Shopping in Bukowina Tatrzanska
- Warnings and Dangers in Bukowina Tatrzanska
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Bukowina Tatrzanska
- 22 Reviews
- 67 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 23 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (86)
Have you been to Bukowina Tatrzanska?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Bukowina Tatrzanska
Photos in Bukowina TatrzanskaSee All Photos (67)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Warsaw Intro, 104 reviews, 352 photos, 10 travelogues
- Mazury Intro, 58 reviews, 270 photos, 8 travelogues
- Suwalki Intro, 34 reviews, 174 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vilnius Intro, 39 reviews, 144 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vysoke Tatry Intro, 43 reviews, 127 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cork Intro, 25 reviews, 115 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hel Intro, 28 reviews, 104 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oxford Intro, 44 reviews, 84 photos, 1 travelogue
- Lowicz Intro, 13 reviews, 105 photos, 5 travelogues
- Kuznica Intro, 20 reviews, 90 photos, 1 travelogue