"Jurata - a resort for the wealthy" Jurata by evaanna
Jurata Travel Guide: 6 reviews and 14 photos
Jurata is situated in a pine forest between Jastarnia and Hel on the Hel Peninsula. It practically adjoins Jastarnia, which is older and with more traditions. Jurata came to being in 1928 and immediately rose to fame as one of the best resorts on the Polish coast. It had luxurious hotels and pensions and was frequented by the wealthy and the artistic elite.
In the sixties though many other not so exclusive holiday centres were built there. In recent years Jurata has witnessed a return to its former glory. It now boasts new elegant restaurants, galleries and shops, although there are also shops and stalls selling the usual tacky holiday gadgets and clothes. If you want to buy smoked fish, don't buy it there unless you have a thick wallet. You will pay much less for it in the neighbouring towns.
Like the other places on the peninsula, Jurata has a fine beach on the side of the open sea and a longer pier than the other villages on the side of the bay. You can expect crowds there in the summer months.
When we visit it off season it's pretty empty but even then we don't find it as attractive as Chalupy or Kuznica for instance. It lacks the space that the other places have plenty of. The hotels and pensions are all enclosed and fenced and walking between the fences makes me feel like a prisoner.
Visiting Jurata, don't just walk between the fences and try to get away from the promenade and explore the forest as... more travel advice
The statue of Jurata (pronounced yoora:ti) appeared in the centre of this fashionable resort quite recently. This Baltic... more travel advice
evaanna's Related Pages
Jurata Travel Guide
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Jurata
- 6 Reviews
- 14 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 9 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (40)
Have you been to Jurata?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Jurata
Photos in JurataSee All Photos (14)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Warsaw Intro, 103 reviews, 347 photos, 10 travelogues
- Mazury Intro, 58 reviews, 270 photos, 8 travelogues
- Suwalki Intro, 34 reviews, 174 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vilnius Intro, 39 reviews, 144 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vysoke Tatry Intro, 43 reviews, 127 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cork Intro, 25 reviews, 115 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oxford Intro, 44 reviews, 84 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hel Intro, 28 reviews, 100 photos, 2 travelogues
- Lowicz Intro, 13 reviews, 105 photos, 5 travelogues
- Kuznica Intro, 20 reviews, 90 photos, 1 travelogue