"Krynica Morska" Krynica Morska by evaanna
Krynica Morska Travel Guide: 12 reviews and 22 photos
Krynica Morska is a fashionable resort on Mierzeja Wislana, a long sand bar separating the Vistula Bay (Zalew Wislany) from the Baltic Sea.
The shore of the bay is overgrown with reeds so there is hardly any access to it, except where piers have been constructed. But there are vast sandy beaches on the side of the open sea. Very touristy in the summer, with night clubs, restaurants, cafes and all sorts of attractions that tourists enjoy, it gets nearly empty when the season is over. In September you will still meet people who come there to pick mushrooms in the forest all along this narrow piece of land. The forest is magnificent, with many huge old trees and very dark at places, but with paths making it accessible for walkers. Situated on the dunes that separate the sea from the bay, it occupies a much larger area than the woods of the Hel Peninsula and is full of wildlife. In the five days that we spent there we were lucky enough to see deer and wild boar. In fact, a wild boar chased our car as dogs usually do the next morning after our arrival.
We didn't stay in Krynica Morska itself but at Piaski, 11 km to the east, the last village on the Polish side of the peninsula, close to the border with Russia. But though VT has 74 places named Piaski in Poland the Piaski we stayed at is not there. Anyway, the whole area is interesting and worth visiting. I haven't seen it in the summer when I suspect it can be crowded as nearly all the houses at Piaski and Krynica have rooms to let but out of season it's a lovely place, as close to nature as can be.
- Pros:The sea and the forest, what else could you want?
- Cons:Touristy in the summer
We didn't stay at Wielorybek but in early September this year we went there for a day to visit our cousin and his wife... more travel advice
A few kilometres west of Krynica Morska lies Sztutowo, a nice village with beaches and guesthouses but unfortunately... more travel advice
evaanna's Related Pages
Krynica Morska Travel Guide
- Things to Do in Krynica Morska
- Hotels in Krynica Morska
- Restaurants in Krynica Morska
- Warnings and Dangers in Krynica Morska
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Krynica Morska
- 12 Reviews
- 22 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 16 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (43)
Have you been to Krynica Morska?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Krynica Morska
Photos in Krynica MorskaSee All Photos (22)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Warsaw Intro, 103 reviews, 347 photos, 10 travelogues
- Mazury Intro, 58 reviews, 270 photos, 8 travelogues
- Suwalki Intro, 34 reviews, 174 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vilnius Intro, 39 reviews, 144 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vysoke Tatry Intro, 43 reviews, 127 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cork Intro, 25 reviews, 115 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oxford Intro, 44 reviews, 84 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hel Intro, 28 reviews, 100 photos, 2 travelogues
- Lowicz Intro, 13 reviews, 105 photos, 5 travelogues
- Kuznica Intro, 20 reviews, 90 photos, 1 travelogue