Suwalki Nightlife Tips by evaanna
Suwalki Nightlife: 1 reviews and 5 photos
Dancers from the audience
The festival is held in August and lasts for 3 consecutive days but not every year so check their website. Apart from the concerts and dances there are workshops and slide shows presenting various aspects of Celtic life. We only went to one evening concert as it was 60 km away from where we were staying but enjoyed it enormously. It was mainly traditional Irish music and dance but the day before you could also hear Scottish pipers. Wish we had gone to see it the day before as well!
BTW, there is a campsite nearby where you can put up your tent as many people come for the 3 days.
UPDATE: I have just learnt from the Tourist Information Centre in Suwalki that, to everybody's regret, this festival is no longer organized nowadays. I have decided not to delete my tip though in case it returns to us some time soon.
Dress Code: Casual, Celtic elements are welcome. Wear comfortable shoes - it's very hard to stay still listening to this kind of music so soon everybody was dancing or swinging to the rhythm.
Directions: In the ruins and park of the palace of Count Ludwik Michal Pac, confiscated for his participation in the national uprising of 1830.
Theme: Live Music
More Reviews (33)
- Beautiful Lithuanian folk craft
- See All Roadside inn at Szypliszki
- See All Folk fair in Suwalki
- See All For peace and nature lovers
evaanna's Related Pages
Suwalki Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Suwalszczyzna - the north-eastern corner of Poland"
- "Suwalki - Off The Beaten Track By Nature"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Suwalki
- Hotels in Suwalki
- Nightlife in Suwalki
- Restaurants in Suwalki
- Shopping in Suwalki
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Suwalki
- 34 Reviews
- 174 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 26 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (43)
Have you been to Suwalki?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Suwalki
Photos in SuwalkiSee All Photos (174)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Warsaw Intro, 103 reviews, 347 photos, 10 travelogues
- Mazury Intro, 58 reviews, 270 photos, 8 travelogues
- Suwalki Intro, 34 reviews, 174 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vilnius Intro, 39 reviews, 144 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vysoke Tatry Intro, 43 reviews, 127 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cork Intro, 25 reviews, 115 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oxford Intro, 44 reviews, 84 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hel Intro, 28 reviews, 100 photos, 2 travelogues
- Lowicz Intro, 13 reviews, 105 photos, 5 travelogues
- Kuznica Intro, 20 reviews, 90 photos, 1 travelogue