"The house upside down and much much more" Szymbark by evaanna

Szymbark Travel Guide: 2 reviews and 33 photos

Situated in a beautiful area among the lakes and forests of Kashubia, Szymbark boasts an open air museum which we thought was just an entertainment park with some wooden architecture and folk art of the region. And, to tell you the truth, we had not expected any great surprises there until we actually saw the place with our own eyes.
The park is best known for the house upside down and the longest wooden board in the world but there is much more to the place than that.
Why we thought it worthwhile spending four or five hours there rather than just half an hour or so will become clear when you have read my tips.

under construction

• Last visit to Szymbark: Oct 2011
  • Intro Updated May 9, 2016

• LoriPori's Profile Photo
    Apr 7, 2013 at 4:12 AM

Hello Ewa. How have you been? I just had to comment on this strange upside down house. What a weird feeling it must have been to look up and see the furniture.

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    Jan 26, 2012 at 5:15 AM

Great lead photo of the upside down house! I?ll be very interested in reading this page when it is finished.

• ViajesdelMundo's Profile Photo
    Jan 7, 2012 at 7:01 PM

hoping you will fill in these tips soon, seems very interesting! I am just starting tips on my Israel/Jordan trip.

• uglyscot's Profile Photo
    Oct 24, 2011 at 2:50 AM

That is an amazing house, and such a contrast to that of the deportees.

“The sky is blue everywhere.”

Badges & Stats in Szymbark

Have you been to Szymbark?

Latest Activity in Szymbark