"All around me" Top 5 Page for this destination Warsaw by evaanna
Warsaw Travel Guide: 3,043 reviews and 7,426 photos
Born and bred in Warsaw, I find it hard to see it with the eyes of a tourist. When I joined VT I tried to find some photographs of my city in our albums and, apart from the view from my window, which had changed since, and for the worse, I only had five. When Adi (adin) was here in 2004, he took us around the Jewish Cemetery, where I took some pictures and added them to my page. For the first time we had a guide there and what a guide! He could and was willing to answer all our questions. Later, one morning I went straight from my classes for a walk along Krakowskie Przedmiescie and the Old Town. You are now welcome to join me there. Since then I have been adding to my pages regularly whenever I found myself near something interesting. In March 2007 we went for a drive to see some places that are less known to tourists, like the wonderful Powazki Cemetery or the little Krolikarnia Palace and park in the Mokotow District. We also finally went to take photographs of the Monument to the Heroes of the Ghetto and Umschlagplatz, which are a long way from where we live. On our way we passed the very centre of Warsaw with its numerous skyscrapers and a lot of new elegant architecture but we didn't stop - most cities have those and you can't fail to see them while you are here. I have decided to concentrate on my pages on Warsaw's more or less hidden gems, remnants of Warsaw's glorious past, many of them carefully reconstructed from ruins after WWII.
Unfortunately, our peregrinations have made me realise writing about my city is going to be an endless task, never to be completed. There is so much to do and see here. And the city is changing all the time. But it is a great experience to re-discover the places you thought you knew well or just took for granted never bothering to explore them now that you want to write about them.
Some of the tips on this page have been written in response to your questions, which helped me see the problems that tourists face here. More questions will be welcome, although I can't promise to answer them all.
The hostel is situated in a high-rise block in the Powiśle district, very close and with convenient public... more travel advice
If you have more than a day or two for your sightseeing in Warsaw, you could take a walk along the Vistula River and... more travel advice
- See All By train to the airport !!! At last!
- See All Botanical Gardens
- See All Old Town shop signs
- See All Gifts to please everybody
evaanna's Related Pages
Warsaw Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Dedicated to Jacek Kaczmarski"
- "All around me"
- "Warsaw Rising"
- "WARSAW- THE CITY WITH A HISTORY!"
- "My Home Town"
- "This page is dedicated to my Dad Zygmunt Strzezek"
- "I love Warsaw!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Warsaw
- Hotels in Warsaw
- Transportation in Warsaw
- Nightlife in Warsaw
- Restaurants in Warsaw
- Shopping in Warsaw
- Warnings and Dangers in Warsaw
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Warsaw
- 104 Reviews
- 351 Photos
- 99 Forum posts
- 82 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (85)
Have you been to Warsaw?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Warsaw
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Warsaw Intro, 104 reviews, 352 photos, 10 travelogues
- Mazury Intro, 58 reviews, 270 photos, 8 travelogues
- Suwalki Intro, 34 reviews, 174 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vilnius Intro, 39 reviews, 144 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vysoke Tatry Intro, 43 reviews, 127 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cork Intro, 25 reviews, 115 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hel Intro, 28 reviews, 104 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oxford Intro, 44 reviews, 84 photos, 1 travelogue
- Lowicz Intro, 13 reviews, 105 photos, 5 travelogues
- Kuznica Intro, 20 reviews, 90 photos, 1 travelogue