"Zelazowa Wola - Chopin's Birthplace" Zelazowa Wola by evaanna
Zelazowa Wola Travel Guide: 11 reviews and 33 photos
Zelazowa Wola is a place many visitors to Poland come to see. No wonder - it was here that on 1 March or, according to other sources, 22 February 1810 the great composer Fryderyk Chopin was born. His father was French but he had come to Poland at the age of 16, soon learnt Polish and became involved in Polish matters so much that he even took part in the Kilinski Uprising against the partition of Poland in 1794. After the second partition, the factory where he had worked as an accountant went bankrupt, and he took up the post of a tutor to the children of the Count and Countess Skarbek at Zelazowa Wola. It was here, in the lodge that still stands, that his son was born. He was christened Fryderyk Franciszek in Brochow, a village nearby. But the Chopins did not stay in the area long after that, in the autumn of the same year they moved to Warsaw, although later Fryderyk spent his school holidays there from time to time. So in fact, it is in Warsaw that the great composer's talent was shaped and developed - he did not leave it, except for short stays, until 1830. So I suppose we could say that Zelazowa Wola and its strong connection with Chopin is more of a myth than reality, but it's a charming myth all the same. See for yourselves....
There are four monuments to Chopin in the park around Chopin's house. I took pictures of two: Chopin's monument by Jozef... more travel advice
The house where Fryderyk was born belonged to Count and Countess Skarbek. It was here that his father, Mikolaj Chopin,... more travel advice
evaanna's Related Pages
Zelazowa Wola Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Zelazowa Wola - Chopin's Birthplace"
- "Zelazowa Wola"
- "Chopin's childhood home"
- "Zelazowa Wola"
- "Chopin's birthplace"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Zelazowa Wola
- Transportation in Zelazowa Wola
- Shopping in Zelazowa Wola
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Zelazowa Wola
- 4 Reviews
- 8 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 9 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (102)
Have you been to Zelazowa Wola?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Zelazowa Wola
- Posted in Travel Bristol Forum "Re: Bristol Cathedral and St Mary..."
- Commented on one of alancollins's Zelazowa Wola travel pages
- Wrote a Review Chopin's Monuments at Zelazowa Wola in Zelazowa Wola Things to Do
- Uploaded a Photo to "Chopin's Monuments at Zelazowa Wola"
- updated a Zelazowa Wola Travel Page "Zelazowa Wola - Chopin's Birthplace"
Photos in Zelazowa WolaSee All Photos (8)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Warsaw Intro, 103 reviews, 347 photos, 10 travelogues
- Mazury Intro, 58 reviews, 270 photos, 8 travelogues
- Suwalki Intro, 34 reviews, 174 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vilnius Intro, 39 reviews, 144 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vysoke Tatry Intro, 43 reviews, 127 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cork Intro, 25 reviews, 115 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oxford Intro, 44 reviews, 84 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hel Intro, 28 reviews, 100 photos, 2 travelogues
- Lowicz Intro, 13 reviews, 105 photos, 5 travelogues
- Kuznica Intro, 20 reviews, 90 photos, 1 travelogue