"Bloxham" Bloxham by evaanna

Bloxham Travel Guide: 2 reviews and 5 photos

Bloxham is a nice village in Oxfordshire, situated on the edge of the Cotswolds about 5 km south of Banbury. It is divided into two by the A361 leading to the Cotswolds. We passed it a few times during our explorations of the area but only stopped twice for a meal. That is why the only places I can describe are the local pubs. I don't remember why we didn't go to visit St Mary's church with its high spire visible for miles around. The second time we were in a hurry so that I wouldn't miss my plane to Warsaw, the first it was rather late in the evening and the church would have been closed anyway.
The village has two churches, four pubs and a very active community, judging by the number of various clubs in the area: the Gardening Club, the History Club, the Senior Citizens' Club, the W.I., table tennis, football and bowls clubs, a museum and the Bloxham Amnesty International Group, to mention just a few. You certainly wouldn't be bored if you lived there.

• Last visit to Bloxham: Jul 2006
  • Intro Updated Dec 9, 2006

• Bwana_Brown's Profile Photo
    May 18, 2010 at 7:26 PM

Looks like a couple of nice little pubs in which to enjoy the local atmosphere! Sue and I also enjoy finding places like these to eat during our travels on England's roads.

• LoriPori's Profile Photo
    Mar 18, 2010 at 4:18 AM

The Elephant and Castle - don't you just love the names of English Pubs!

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    Nov 4, 2009 at 2:53 PM

If the pubs are any indication, this must be a very nice town.

• JLBG's Profile Photo
    Oct 8, 2008 at 1:41 PM

Two fine pubs!

• christine.j's Profile Photo
    May 3, 2007 at 10:24 PM

The chocolate cake sounds good. I'd never have thought I could find it in a pub.

• matcrazy1's Profile Photo
    Feb 8, 2007 at 2:42 AM

Charming architecture. Traditional English cottage pie? I have never eaten it.

• alancollins's Profile Photo
    Dec 17, 2006 at 2:49 PM

Lin & I have had some more meals at the Joiners since your visit, plus the haunting Xmas Meal.

• uglyscot's Profile Photo
    Dec 10, 2006 at 7:04 AM

The Elephant and Castle looks very nice, though as a rule I don't frequent pubs.

• Dec 10, 2006 at 1:03 AM

Hi Ewa! Bloxham looks like a great place for some tasty, traditional English food!

evaanna

“The sky is blue everywhere.”

Badges & Stats in Bloxham

Have you been to Bloxham?

Latest Activity in Bloxham