"Not only Warwick Castle" Top 5 Page for this destination Warwick by evaanna

Warwick Travel Guide: 234 reviews and 493 photos

Warwick is a lovely historic town not far from Coventry, best-known for the magnificent castle with its numerous attractions and crowds of tourists. Whole coachloads of them arrive there, go round the castle and leave, ignoring all the other places of interest. That's what I did too when I went there for the first time in 1995. The castle was so great I couldn't tear myself away from it and spent the whole day in its grounds. This year though I decided to do the opposite - ignore the castle and explore the town. I had not had a camera there all those years ago so will only show you the castle as viewed from the gate - I wasn't ready to spend 15.95 (now as much as 17.95) pounds just to take some pictures. For more pictures visit their website or the pages of other VT members.

• Last visit to Warwick: Jul 2006
  • Intro Updated Nov 4, 2009

• balhannah's Profile Photo
    Feb 27, 2012 at 1:47 PM

Lovely page Ewa! Interesting reading about how people died in the old days, and seeing the beautiful Tombs. Like you, I can't get enough of the half timbered houses.

• LoriPori's Profile Photo
    Jul 27, 2009 at 4:52 AM

I would love visiting Warwick Castle. And the town has such beautiful half-timbered houses too.

• JLBG's Profile Photo
    Jan 26, 2009 at 12:46 PM

Wow, you are right, this castle is great and impressive! Interesting tip about the Beauchamp ! The timber framed houses are gorgious !

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    Jan 22, 2008 at 9:54 AM

Fine photos and texts! I used to take groups to Warwick Castle in the summers, from our partner city of Birmingham.

• deecat's Profile Photo
    May 28, 2007 at 7:33 AM

From the half timbered houses to the Warwich Castle, I enjoyed all the history of this incredible area. I especially enjoyed your descriptions of the Collegiate Church, WWI Memorial, and Market Place. Honest, interesting, and beautiful.

• maykal's Profile Photo
    May 2, 2007 at 8:38 AM

I used to go to school in Warwick, so know the places by sight....but being a "local", I haven't been to half of the places you describe! Glad you enjoyed it ;@P

• christine.j's Profile Photo
    Apr 30, 2007 at 3:28 AM

Your page brings back lots of memories. I also couldn't see or hear any ghost.

• matcrazy1's Profile Photo
    Feb 17, 2007 at 9:18 PM

A lot of history there. Very good descriptions, impressive tombs. I love this half-timbered house also.

• Bwana_Brown's Profile Photo
    Nov 18, 2006 at 1:46 PM

Warwick looks like a very interesting place to visit while in England! You have done amazing research to lay out the historical story of this ancient city! We have not yet been this far north, but it is on the list!

• alancollins's Profile Photo
    Nov 16, 2006 at 2:35 PM

It is interesting seeing Warwick through a tourist's eyes. Nice photos and tips.

evaanna

“The sky is blue everywhere.”

Badges & Stats in Warwick

Have you been to Warwick?

Latest Activity in Warwick