"Selling Kinsale" Top 5 Page for this destination Kinsale by evaanna
Kinsale Travel Guide: 183 reviews and 378 photos
Kinsale is not a place you can be bored in, having everything you can wish for while on holiday. Beautifully situated on Ireland's south coast, it has a marina, high cliffs commanding great views of the harbour, some sandy beaches, charming narrow streets and country lanes, great shops and restaurants. It is a perfect holiday destination for walkers, cyclists, yachtsmen, golfers, anglers, gourmets, shopping addicts and just about anybody who can appreciate the magnificent scenery and the charm of this quaint ancient town.
In 1601 Kinsale was the site of a battle in which the English defeated the Irish/Spanish forces led by the princes Hugh Roe O'Donnell and Hugh O'Neill. The battle was a turning point in Irish history, deciding about its course for the next 300 years. Immediately following it, came the Flight of the Earls, when a number of Irish aristocrats left their lands and fled to mainland Europe.
You can get to Kinsale by bus from Cork, but it will mean a lot of walking if you want to get to Charles Fort, and it will probably be too far to walk to the Old Head of Kinsale, a real beauty spot on a high cliff with the rugged rocks washed by the waves. I was fortunate to be able to visit both, and the beach at Garretstown, thanks to Katherine who brought me here in the car. We had a great sunny day for our trip, a surprise gift from heaven after the rain of the day before.
Kinsale is full of interesting shops selling anything you can dream of. It has interesting, and also expensive, art... more travel advice
This little lane runs uphill from the Giant's Cottage to Desmond Castle. It's impossible not to stop to admire its tiny... more travel advice
evaanna's Related Pages
Kinsale Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The Kinsale Magical Virtual Tour"
- ""Irish Beauty Harbor Town Kinsale""
- "Selling Kinsale"
- "Golf on a cliff"
- "Falling in love with Kinsale"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Kinsale
- Hotels in Kinsale
- Transportation in Kinsale
- Nightlife in Kinsale
- Restaurants in Kinsale
- Shopping in Kinsale
- Warnings and Dangers in Kinsale
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Kinsale
- 10 Reviews
- 41 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 15 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (43)
Have you been to Kinsale?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kinsale
Photos in KinsaleSee All Photos (41)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Warsaw Intro, 103 reviews, 347 photos, 10 travelogues
- Mazury Intro, 58 reviews, 270 photos, 8 travelogues
- Suwalki Intro, 34 reviews, 174 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vilnius Intro, 39 reviews, 144 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vysoke Tatry Intro, 43 reviews, 127 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cork Intro, 25 reviews, 115 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oxford Intro, 44 reviews, 84 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hel Intro, 28 reviews, 100 photos, 2 travelogues
- Lowicz Intro, 13 reviews, 105 photos, 5 travelogues
- Kuznica Intro, 20 reviews, 90 photos, 1 travelogue