"Little Andalsnes near great Trollstigen" Åndalsnes by evaanna
Åndalsnes Travel Guide: 69 reviews and 79 photos
We were in that area twice, in 2001 and 2003. We approached the famous Trolls' Way from the direction of Oppdal, admiring the Dovrefjell Nasjonalpark on our way. The enormous waterfalls just by the roadside in Varstigen are really worth a visit. They looked so impressive the first time we were there but there was a drought in 2003 and they were only just trickling . Such a disappointment! Not the only one that day. We had been planning to go up Trollstigen as we had done before but some boulders had blocked the road and it was closed for repair till next season. Rather than wait eight months there for it to be opened we went to Geiranger by a different route - 70 kilometres added to our itinerary!
Andalsnes itself is just an ordinary town with a supermarket or two, some shops and a petrol station but the area around it is of unspeakable beauty with waterfalls rumbling down the high mountains and the magnificent fjords cutting through them. It was close to Andalsnes that we saw the first fjord in our lives and realised how picturesque Norway can be.
As we approached Andalsnes from the east, we knew we would finally reach the fjords just before we turned left to... more travel advice
I remember our one night stay there as very pleasant. The place was lovely: a mountain river right at the back of the... more travel advice
evaanna's Related Pages
Åndalsnes Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Trollstigen and Åndalsnes"
- "Where I grew up :)"
- "Little Andalsnes near great Trollstigen"
- "Trollstigen - the swinging road"
- "Åndalsnes page"
- "With Costa Deliziosa from Amsterdam to North Cape"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Åndalsnes
- Hotels in Åndalsnes
- Transportation in Åndalsnes
- Nightlife in Åndalsnes
- Restaurants in Åndalsnes
- Shopping in Åndalsnes
- Warnings and Dangers in Åndalsnes
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Åndalsnes
- 8 Reviews
- 9 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 14 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (85)
Have you been to Åndalsnes?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Åndalsnes
- Posted in Travel Kezmarok Forum "Re: Restaurant costs Kezmarok"
- updated a Åndalsnes Travel Page "Little Andalsnes near great Trollstigen"
- Commented on one of SailorRoar's Åndalsnes travel pages
- Wrote a Review The first fjord in our lives in Åndalsnes Favorites
- Uploaded a Photo to "The first fjord in our lives"
Photos in ÅndalsnesSee All Photos (9)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Warsaw Intro, 104 reviews, 352 photos, 10 travelogues
- Mazury Intro, 58 reviews, 270 photos, 8 travelogues
- Suwalki Intro, 34 reviews, 174 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vilnius Intro, 39 reviews, 144 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vysoke Tatry Intro, 43 reviews, 127 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cork Intro, 25 reviews, 115 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hel Intro, 28 reviews, 104 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oxford Intro, 44 reviews, 84 photos, 1 travelogue
- Lowicz Intro, 13 reviews, 105 photos, 5 travelogues
- Kuznica Intro, 20 reviews, 90 photos, 1 travelogue