"Around Gudvangen" Gudvangen by evaanna
Gudvangen Travel Guide: 15 reviews and 78 photos
Gudvangen is a small port on the Naeroyfjord, which makes an excellent starting point for the journey to Myrdal on the Flamsbana.
Hidden in the deep shadows of the extremely narrow Naeroydalen, it doesn't get much sunshine with the high mountains on both sides. But it's a lovely place with fantastic scenery, the waterfalls rumbling down the mountainsides and the lush green of the meadows in the middle. Wherever you go, the mountains are so close they seem to be hanging over you, too steep to climb but absolutely gorgeous.
We have just re-visited Gudvangen, with more sightseeing of the area and another boat trip on the Naeroyfjord, so you can find some new tips. Pictures from this year's boat trip on the fjord with low clouds hanging over the water have been added to my new Flam page.
- Pros:Excellent starting point for a trip along the Naeroyfjord and then on the Flamsbana, stunning scenery
- Cons:Not much sunshine
- In a nutshell:A great place to visit
Gudvangen is one of the places where you can start your Norway in a Nutshell tour, which takes you along some of the... more travel advice
We spent two nights there to enable us to go on the boat trip to Flam and to have a little rest after all the driving we... more travel advice
evaanna's Related Pages
Gudvangen Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Around Gudvangen"
- "Sunny Nærøyfjord"
- "A tiny but lovely village"
- "Enroute to Gudvangen"
- "GUDVANGEN..AND NEAR...NORWAY."
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Gudvangen
- 11 Reviews
- 14 Photos
- 3 Forum posts
- 15 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (86)
Have you been to Gudvangen?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Gudvangen
Photos in GudvangenSee All Photos (14)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Warsaw Intro, 103 reviews, 347 photos, 10 travelogues
- Mazury Intro, 58 reviews, 270 photos, 8 travelogues
- Suwalki Intro, 34 reviews, 174 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vilnius Intro, 39 reviews, 144 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vysoke Tatry Intro, 43 reviews, 127 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cork Intro, 25 reviews, 115 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oxford Intro, 44 reviews, 84 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hel Intro, 28 reviews, 100 photos, 2 travelogues
- Lowicz Intro, 13 reviews, 105 photos, 5 travelogues
- Kuznica Intro, 20 reviews, 90 photos, 1 travelogue