"The island of Skrova" Skrova by evaanna

Skrova Travel Guide: 0 reviews and 3 photos

Skrova is an enchanting tiny island of the Lofoten the ferry Skutvik - Svolvaer calls at first to deposit the post and the occasional visitors. Isolated as it is, it is still inhabited by many Norwegian millionaires or so we have been told. If you are not a millionaire, you can find employment there in the fishing and whaling industries. It is a pity we could not get off our ferry there - I would have loved to do some sightseeing - but the ferries are too infrequent and we didn't have too much time for the Lofoten. For more pictures of the island see my page on the Lofoten.

• Pros:Beautiful views, peace
  • In a nutshell:Tiny and beautiful
  • Last visit to Skrova: Aug 2003
  • Intro Updated Dec 6, 2004

• JensW.'s Profile Photo
    Mar 31, 2013 at 2:26 AM

Hei hei, the 2 connections to Skrova by ship you can take from www.torghattennord.no One is a ferry which also transports cars, caravans and trucks (Ferger) between Skutvik and Svolvær, and the other connection is a catamaran-speed boat (hurtigbåt) between Bodø and Svolvær. The timetables you can get directly from here: Ferger: ruteinfo.thn.no/no/default.a... and Hurtigbåt: ruteinfo.thn.no/no/default.a... Be aware that around the year we have different timetables, in the summer there are more "fergers" going. There is also one little ship between Skrova and Svolvær every wednesday, when the weather is not to bad ;) If you got stock there are also guesthouses or you put your tent in the beautifull nature!! :)

• evaanna's Profile Photo
      Mar 31, 2013 at 11:49 AM

Thanks for your comment. Would you mind if I added this info to my intro or made a tip on the transport there? I would quote you of course.

• JLBG's Profile Photo
    Dec 23, 2005 at 9:35 PM

Another nice place on the Lofoten ! Thanks for sharing !

• uglyscot's Profile Photo
    Jun 30, 2005 at 7:15 AM

No wonder you wished for time to explore this lovely island.

• matcrazy1's Profile Photo
    Apr 13, 2005 at 5:47 AM

Beautiful picture and info - makes me ready to transfer myself there now :-)

• Jan 1, 2005 at 2:16 PM

Thank you for visiting my Lofoten page. You didn't miss Reine:o) Actually you drove by our house there too ;-)) When are you going back again?

evaanna

“The sky is blue everywhere.”

Badges & Stats in Skrova