Odense Local Custom Tips by evaanna
Odense Local Customs: 22 reviews and 63 photos
Flower Festival in Odense
The Flower Festival is held in Odense every year, sometime in August. Various clubs, associations and individual competitors display their flower arrangements in the streets of Odense. This year's was devoted to H.C. Andersen's fairy tales to celebrate his 200th birthday. The exhibits, some of them really ingenious, were displayed all over the old part of the town so you will see them in many of my tips. The festival was combined with a stage performance in the city main square. It sounded like story-telling to the sounds of music but of course, not knowing Danish, I can't be sure.
Newly-weds in front of monument to H. C. Andersen
This young couple have just emerged from the Town Hall after their marriage ceremony.
Immediately after that, as a matter of course - that's why I assume most couples married there do that - they stood in front of the monument to H. C. Andersen to pose for a photograph with him. Hoping for a fairy-tale life? Perhaps, but the great writer's fairy tales are often sad and not always end well. Or just hoping he'll pass on some of his wisdom to them? Whatever they may have hoped for - all the best! May you live long and be happy till death you do part.
More Reviews (12)
evaanna's Related Pages
Odense Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The birthplace of H.C. Andersen & more !"
- "Friends in Odense"
- "to travel is to live!"
- "My home town"
- "More than H.C. Andersen"
- "Odense's Magic"
- "Culture, Architecture and... Bicycles!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Odense
- Hotels in Odense
- Transportation in Odense
- Nightlife in Odense
- Restaurants in Odense
- Shopping in Odense
- Warnings and Dangers in Odense
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Odense
- 14 Reviews
- 15 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 26 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (43)
Have you been to Odense?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Odense
Photos in OdenseSee All Photos (15)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Warsaw Intro, 103 reviews, 347 photos, 10 travelogues
- Mazury Intro, 58 reviews, 270 photos, 8 travelogues
- Suwalki Intro, 34 reviews, 174 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vilnius Intro, 39 reviews, 144 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vysoke Tatry Intro, 43 reviews, 127 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cork Intro, 25 reviews, 115 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oxford Intro, 44 reviews, 84 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hel Intro, 28 reviews, 100 photos, 2 travelogues
- Lowicz Intro, 13 reviews, 105 photos, 5 travelogues
- Kuznica Intro, 20 reviews, 90 photos, 1 travelogue