"Hardangervidda's great wilderness" Hardangervidda Nasjonalpark by evaanna
Hardangervidda Nasjonalpark Travel Guide: 17 reviews and 48 photos
Totally deprived of any signs of human activity, the mountain plateau of Hardangervidda has a mesmerising efffect on anybody who sees it for the first time. We had already crossed it once five years ago but we couldn't resist seeing it again two years later on our way from Bergen. The desolate character of the place makes it an ideal place for people who seek peace, clear air and, in the case of trekkers or cyclists, do not need the company of other people. You hardly meet anybody there.
And this year we went along the western edge of Hardangervidda in Hardanger, admiring the beautiful scenery of the fjord and spending a night at the village of Kinsarvik, with a most interesting church and boat trips on the fjord starting from the port there.
- Pros:Wonderful views, clean air, open spaces
- Cons:Desolateness of the area (if you think it's a disadvantage)
- In a nutshell:Nature at its best
The Valley of the Seven Waterfalls (Oddadalen) forms the western border of Hardangervidda. You can see a few of the... more travel advice
The marina at Kinsarvik offers great opportunities for boat lovers. You can take a trip in a boat along two fjords: the... more travel advice
evaanna's Related Pages
Hardangervidda Nasjonalpark Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Hardangervidda's great wilderness"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Hardangervidda Nasjonalpark
- Hotels in Hardangervidda Nasjonalpark
- Transportation in Hardangervidda Nasjonalpark
- Shopping in Hardangervidda Nasjonalpark
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Hardangervidda Nasjonalpark
- 10 Reviews
- 15 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 19 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (40)
Have you been to Hardangervidda Nasjonalpark?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Hardangervidda Nasjonalpark
Photos in Hardangervidda NasjonalparkSee All Photos (15)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Warsaw Intro, 103 reviews, 347 photos, 10 travelogues
- Mazury Intro, 58 reviews, 270 photos, 8 travelogues
- Suwalki Intro, 34 reviews, 174 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vilnius Intro, 39 reviews, 144 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vysoke Tatry Intro, 43 reviews, 127 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cork Intro, 25 reviews, 115 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oxford Intro, 44 reviews, 84 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hel Intro, 28 reviews, 100 photos, 2 travelogues
- Lowicz Intro, 13 reviews, 105 photos, 5 travelogues
- Kuznica Intro, 19 reviews, 85 photos, 1 travelogue