"Perhentian Island Heaven" Pulau Perhentian Kecil by sweetie_inc
Pulau Perhentian Kecil Travel Guide: 232 reviews and 494 photos
Pulau Perhentian is located in the South China Sea 25 km from the coast of Kuala Besut. It consists of two islands, Pulau Perhentian Besar and Pulau Perhentian Kecil and both islands are surrounded by beautiful palm-fringed sandy beaches andcrystal-clear turquoise-blue sea.
All manner of aquatic life is visible both near and far from the beach such as turtles, sharks, coral and thousands of tropical fish. The interior is covered by jungle with a wide variety of species. You can watch monitor lizards, monkeys, flying squirrels, butterflies and many other types - sometimes right in front of your chalet. There are no roads and not many paths, so the islands are mainly peaceful and untouched - so far.
Perhentian Besar is the bigger one of the two islands (Besar means big in Malay, kecil means small). The accommodation is distributed over three very nice beaches. The Teluk Pauh in the north in front of the Perhentian Island Resort, the main beach with most of the resorts at the west coast and Teluk Dalam on the island's south-east coast.
The main beach of the island starts at the resort's western side and stretches over 1 km only interrupted by some rocky headlands. The beach has fine sand with scattered coral pieces and is bordered by many coconut palms.
Popular snorkeling spots on Besar include Teluk Pauh, Shark Point and Tanjung Basi. The best place to see sharks (black tip) is in front of an extremely small "beach", only accessible by boat, between Shark Point and the Teluk Dalam large beach. They are usually seen cruising the bottom of the reef.
For turtles, best place is the middle of the beach in front of Perhentian Island Resort, where the sandy bottom is covered with algae.
All resorts rent out snorkeling gear and arrange snorkeling tours around the islands. You can get some cheaper equipment from some local restaurant.
- Pros:A very Laid back place..
- Cons:Very touristic..
- In a nutshell:Pure relaxation...
On Perhentian Kecil there's 2 main beaches... One is called the Long Beach (most popular) and I dont know the name of... more travel advice
For RM$5, you can rent a bodyboard and play as long as you want... It's fun with the big waves at Long Beach!! more travel advice
sweetie_inc's Related Pages
Pulau Perhentian Kecil Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A Place for Winding Down"
- "Perhentian Kecil - The Younger Sister of Besar"
- "Life's a beach."
- "Pulau Perhentian"
- "Blue Blue Beaches"
- "The Diving Place....and more"
- "Perfect Long Beach"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Pulau Perhentian Kecil
- Hotels in Pulau Perhentian Kecil
- Transportation in Pulau Perhentian Kecil
- Nightlife in Pulau Perhentian Kecil
- Restaurants in Pulau Perhentian Kecil
- Shopping in Pulau Perhentian Kecil
- Warnings and Dangers in Pulau Perhentian Kecil
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Pulau Perhentian Kecil
- 8 Reviews
- 35 Photos
- 5 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Pulau Perhentian Kecil?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Pulau Perhentian Kecil
- Posted in Travel Queenstown Forum "Re: Milford Sound/LOTR in Winter"
- Wrote a Review Jungle Trekking to Long Beach in Pulau Perhentian Kecil Things to Do
- Uploaded a Photo to "Jungle Trekking to Long Beach"
- updated a Pulau Perhentian Kecil Travel Page "Perhentian Island Heaven"
- Commented on one of kenmerk's Pulau Perhentian Kecil travel pages
Photos in Pulau Perhentian KecilSee All Photos (35)
Top 10 Pages
- Ho Chi Minh City Intro, 19 reviews, 96 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ko Similan Intro, 10 reviews, 64 photos, 5 travelogues
- Melbourne Intro, 13 reviews, 55 photos
- Kaafu Atholhu Intro, 12 reviews, 46 photos
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 11 reviews, 43 photos, 2 travelogues
- Pulau Perhentian Kecil Intro, 8 reviews, 35 photos
- Pulau Batam Intro, 12 reviews, 30 photos, 1 travelogue
- Phuket Intro, 12 reviews, 27 photos
- Phnom Penh Intro, 6 reviews, 23 photos
- Gold Coast Intro, 10 reviews, 18 photos, 1 travelogue