"The Place Along The Straits of Malacca" Top 5 Page for this destination Port Dickson by sweetie_inc

Port Dickson Travel Guide: 161 reviews and 379 photos

Driving up North... An exciting experience!

It was my first time driving up North to Malaysia from Singapore with my friends. It was very exciting and a memorable experience for all of us. We have planned it well and decided to drive up to Port Dickson and Kuala Lumpur during the Chinese New Year Holidays. It was great to be away from home once in a while.

Port Dickson - A Place To Relax

Port Dickson is situated in Negeri Sembilan and it's well-known for the its beaches. The place is a favourite for the city dwellers of KL and Singapore due to its miles of golden beaches and a wide range of accomodation. It was a great place for a relaxing weekend.

• Pros:Relaxing & Laid-back
  • Cons:Beach not as nice as I have expected
  • In a nutshell:Great for a weekend getaway
  • Last visit to Port Dickson: Feb 2005
  • Intro Updated Mar 6, 2005

• Shafek's Profile Photo
    Apr 22, 2008 at 7:39 PM

Wow! What a destination. Thanks for the detailed information. I've never been to Port Dickson before but from the review given, I will probably go to another resort somewhere there or I would do a return trip to Rantau Abang to watch turtle laying eggs.

• muddybok's Profile Photo
    Dec 5, 2006 at 9:21 AM

Yes, Avillion a bit pricey. But nice resort.

• bpacker's Profile Photo
    Sep 25, 2006 at 1:39 AM

Hi Nora and thanks for the frank feedback on the avilion;p I think i'll try elsewhere.

• genie47's Profile Photo
    Jun 18, 2006 at 8:41 PM

I just returned from the Avillion. The problem I have with the place is bird poo all over the boardwalk. I was walking around barefoot and then squish! Yuck!

• chiabh's Profile Photo
    Jul 3, 2005 at 4:13 PM

hi nora... nice write-up... surprise that you did not get a ticket for speeding... let me know when you are in pd next.... i go there often for golf... hehe.. .chia

• mansionion's Profile Photo
    May 22, 2005 at 6:06 PM

Hi Nora! Nice page on PD here. Look forward for more write up after your next trip to PD. -m-

• matcrazy1's Profile Photo
    Apr 18, 2005 at 1:20 PM

Interesting travelogue. Great ontro pic but... don't they drive on wrong side? :-)

• hassan_abu's Profile Photo
    Apr 5, 2005 at 7:56 AM

Hello Nora, Sedapnya makan ketam... Mintak sikit boleh?? Cheers, Abu

sweetie_inc

“"One’s destination is never a place, but a new way of seeing things."”

Badges & Stats in Port Dickson

Have you been to Port Dickson?